- advertisement -

Six Flags

Discussion in 'Teens' started by s0ccerfreak, May 9, 2008.

1. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

My physics class was at six flags today for Physics Day. I thought I had a great plan for what to do with me Dbag while there since i didnt want to carry it around all day. I was going to leave at their firdt aid building and carry airheads in pocket so if i started to feel low/cgms imdicated a low i could eat one then go test. When we got there, I went to guest services to ask if their was a first aid building where i could leave medical supplies and was told yes and how to get there. Well... i get to the firdt aid station and was told the couldnt hold anything that was brought from the outside? So i told her that guest services said i could leave it here and she just repeated that they couldnt hold anything from the outside uggh so i walked away (and not very happily) I wasnt happy about having to drag my bag around w/ me, but we had a great time. Sorry, i just needed to vent.

2. Tamara Gamble

Tamara Gamble Approved members

Hey Soccer Freak, You should have read the post quite some time back about sea world I think it was in texas. Listen, they have to accomodate you. Next time ask for a manager. If you want people to get raving mad, post it on the parents of children with type 1 board. They will send hundreds of letters to Six Flags and get them to understand and be more concious. It does stink. Sorry it turned out that way for you.

Tami

3. jessika72

jessika72 Approved members

Lockers

I usually rent a locker and keep my supplies in it. I know they have them at six flags, Disneyland, I think sea world (all the locations in CA). I think they are like 2 dollars to rent.

4. butterflygal291

butterflygal291 Approved members

i hate carrying my stuff i around. once i was at a theme park and it was too hot. my meter overheated & i couldn't use it. so i went to the first aid and they let me wait inside while it cooled down. then they let me keep in there for the rest of the day. i do that sometimes. they always let me

5. lulu

lulu Approved members

Your meter overheated? What happened when that happens? Is it inaccurate? :[[

Megan

6. ctwetten

ctwetten Approved members

That's annoying!!! I skipped physics day at six flags when I was in high school b/c I had just been diagnosed 6 months before and I just didn't want to deal with it there. Do rides make you go high or low? Anyway, I'm glad you went!! Sometimes I'm just too lazy and don't want all the bother so I don't do fun stuff that all my friends are doing. Not a very good strategy...

7. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

The meter will show a little thermometer when you stick the strip in, and it won't let you test! When I used to do soccer, my meter would get to cold and not work, so my dad would stick it under his jacket to warm it up!:D

8. lulu

lulu Approved members

Oh wow that is not good!!! I have had that happen in the cold weather it shows low blood sugars!! Also once in the cold weather I checked my blood sugar and it was in the 20's or 30's I forgot which one I was so scared. Then I rechecked when I got into the car and I think it was like 140, or something it was a while ago. I treated for it by just drinking out of the whole apple juice jug!!!! It was really scary, but then my blood sugars went into the high 200's, so we think it was a false alarm! Those meters....:]].

Megan

9. s0ccerfreak

I was low the first 2 hours, but then i shot up to the 400's(the adrenaline caught up). If i woulcve known they werent going to let me leave my dbag at the first aid station, then i wouldve left in the car and carried airheads like my original plan just a different placement of my bag.

10. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Quick question: Do you ever unhook on rides? If so: WHich kind?

11. s0ccerfreak

I did not. This is the first i've gone since i started pumping-6.5 yrs ago- i know pathetic