- advertisement -

site sticky remover - home made

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Ivan's Mum, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Ivan's Mum

Ivan's Mum Approved members

Anyone got any home made recipes for the sticky left over once you take off a site? I know you can buy products, and there's dissolve it but anything you can make at home that's no so harsh?

I just got some baby oil today and am thinking of mixing it with a gentle body scrub to get the lovely black marks off (seems to have worked on my plaster left over).

I remember from my beauty therapist days we used to use oil and lavander or something to remove wax so if you've got any ideas to jiggle my memory - let me know.

2. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

This isn't exactly "gentle", but I use nail polish remover to get the sticky residue from the edges. It works great and it's a lot less expensive than tac-away. Then I usually put a dab of antibiotic ointment on the spot.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

The one we use, "Medi-Sol" contains "Natural oils, Aloe Vera, Lanolin and organic Wetting Agents (I have no idea:eek:)" It removes everything - given a little time. Contains no solvents, no artificial color or fragrance - must contain orange oil - that's what it smells like.

4. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

I'll send you something we use. Be ready for a package! :D

5. Ivan's Mum

Ah you make me laugh. I did get some of the tac away and love it but $$$ and shipping make it to difficult. If I manage to cook up something in the kitchen I'll let you all know.

The nail polish remover would work but I won't tell you what's in it(LOL) you might want to try the baby oil idea. Maybe add lavender oil and knock the little rug rats off to sleep.

6. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

If you are looking for an all natural solution Tea Tree oil will work. To make it a bit less harsh smelling you can mix it in with a base oil like sweet almond oil or some other neutral base oil.

7. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

Drench the pad in Baby oil and then sit in the bath... It's okay but not the best.

8. Mojo's mommy

Mojo's mommy Approved members

Olive oil, put it on , leave it for a few minutes and wipe away..the lady at our Pharmacy told me that little trick:p

9. jendean

jendean Approved members

LOL nicole, I was going to say tea tree oil too. Id mix it with aloe vera, or even buy some vitamin E tabs, poke a hole in one, and use that... VERY good for the skin, and use a wet loofah sponge, or Wal mart sells the exfoliating gloces,and these tiny loofah sponges, just a teeny slice of loofah on it, once they are wet, they are abrasive, but gentle too.
    Mother Nature makes the best stuff. I would say to mix vitamin E oil, aloe vera, and a few drops of tea tree oil, one drop would do it, esp after a bath, (then rinse again) that would really treat the skin well. IN fact, I may invest in some Tea Tree soon here. Nicole, wanna go in on a batch? :cwds:

10. wellsfamily

wellsfamily Approved members

We use Skin So Soft by Avon, but I am kind of getting sick of the smell.

11. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Walmart has Tea Tree oil. I have bought the more expensive stuff but walmart's is just as good. It is in the bandaid section.

12. Ivan's Mum

ohhh ladies,I'm going to try them all - baby oil worked okay but took a bit of rubbing.

Olive oil tonight and I'll work down the list from there.

13. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

Let us know the outcome of your "experiment" please :D!!