advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signal loss due to updating iphone software with G5?

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by obtainedmist, Dec 18, 2016.

1. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Hi All,
    We've had an issue with a new sensor not getting to the warm up due to the dreaded "signal loss". We finally pulled the sensor after 3 hours of starting and stopping and trying again. I called Dexcom to get a replacement and was told that it probably happened with the new iphone software update (10.1 or 10.2). It was suggested that I uninstall the dexcom app, shut down the phone, open the phone again, reinstall the app and that would solve the problem. Has anyone had this issue recently? We'll try it again tonight...but it would be nice to know that software updates can play havoc with the Dexcom App! I'll keep you posted if this is, indeed, the fix! Of course, if our daughter would use both the phone and the dexcom receiver, we would have figured out that the sensor was okay...oh well!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  2. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

TBH, I have no idea where my daughter's Dexcom receiver is (she has used her iPhone as receiver since the moment this was possible.) For all I know, the cats could have eaten it...

3. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Just an update...after deleting the dexcom App, turning off the phone, turning it on and re-downloading the App, the sensor was found and warm-up began like a charm! I hope she doesn't have to do that each time the phone needs an update...but it's a small thing, really if that's what it takes! Yep, the receiver was driving her batty so it's dead on a shelf somewhere in her room!