- advertisement -

Should I worry?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Jace's Mommy, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Jace's Mommy

Jace's Mommy Approved members

When giving my son his Lantus tonight I noticed a small bruise in the area. When felt it, it seems to have a small lump under the brusie. Is this something that I should be concerned with or call the Dr. about?

2. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Sometimes when giving the Lantus, it pools under the skin and takes awhile to asborb.

My son had bruises quite often from the Lantus.

I don't think this worth worrying yourself or calling the doctor about.

3. Jace's Mommy

The bruise must be from a day or two ago. Think the lump would still be there?

4. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I would not call the doctor about it. Bruising will occur when giving injections. I would just keep an eye on it.

5. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

In my experience, when there's a lump, I did the injection into the skin. It absorbs more slowly, and it hurts a bit. Not worth calling the doctor about, unless it happens a lot, in which case you need longer needles.

6. Jace's Mommy

Thanks everyone!
    I think I freaked myself out by not freaking out !

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

This happened to us a couple of times - you actually inject into the skin layer instead of deeper. You may have higher #'s tomorrow, or atleast, we always did when that happened to us .

8. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

My son gets lumps too, so he rubs the area gently to dispurse the insulin. So, longer needles should take care of the lumping?

9. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

If it still feels lumpy tomorrow use other areas and leave that spot alone for awhile. That sometimes happens to my son if an area is overused. It will make the insulin not absorb as well from that spot. other than that, nothing to worry about:)

10. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I would not go with longer needles just yet. You may want to look at your technique and the angle at which you are injecting.