- advertisement -

Should I Force Her To Go To D Camp

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by wearingtaci, May 5, 2014.

1. wilf

wilf Approved members

I would only have her go if it is something SHE wants to do.. :cwds:

2. dpr

dpr Approved members

See if there is a family camp in your area. It's a great experience for our family, we look forward to going every year.

3. Wren

Wren Approved members

For what it's worth, my 11 year old really did not want to go to any sleepaway camp last year, and this year very much did want to go. In fact, she's going to 2 D camps and one non-D. I'm glad we didn't push it last year.

4. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Funny how different kids are. My kid wishes I had forced her to go sooner, she did some winter weekends but by the time she was ready to go in the summer, it was the last year she could be a camper. She loved it, did a cit program last year and was devastated not to get into the cit program this year ( they take very few kids). So I found her another d camp and cit program, she was accepted. It's 5 hours away vs 1 1/2 hrs but its what she wants and she craves the connections.