- advertisement -

Shotblocker to block pain for injections!

Discussion in 'Other Diabetes Products' started by mischloss, Dec 9, 2005.

1. mischloss

mischloss Approved members

I just got this from reading about it on the other forum of Parents of Children with Type 1 diabetes and am passing this on. We just used the shotblocker at home on my son's leg for his injection....which up to this point has been painful for him...now he didn't even flinch! Absolutely felt no pain at all!!! This little plastic gizmo is a miracle!!!

Here is the URL in case anyone here would like to give it a try!!!

http://www.diabetesnet.com/ishop/pro...fefdf8592f9c10

Just passing on the good news! :cwds:

2. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

3. ann-lolly

ann-lolly Approved members

After reading this post, we decided to try the shot blocker also. it was only $4.00. Well, to our amazement...it works!!!! Thanks for the info. Ann

4. cydnimom

cydnimom Approved members

Can those of you who have used this on yourself or child tell me if it just basically blocks the pain of the needle insertion or does it help with the sting that occurs 2 seconds after as well?

Just curious, because my son doesn't care about the needle part, but the sting of the insulin really bugs him after.

5. ann-lolly

ann-lolly Approved members

For my daughter, the pain was with the needle and this does help with the needle. My daughter does not complain about the sting later.

6. Chase's mom

Chase's mom Approved members

Where can you buy this at? My son complains of the Lantus hurting him.I looked on that link and couldn't find it.

7. Tamara Gamble

Tamara Gamble Approved members

Kathy, Are you using the pens? If you are I don't think it's the sting from insulin so much as maybe the air pressure. Ty had bruises from the Lantus pen. There can be stinging from insulin that is one of the many reasons why they designed the pumps with a prolonged bolus (lows too) but if he is using the pen the air may be why. Tami

8. love4holiness

love4holiness New Member

I have just ordered the shot blocker in the hopes it will help my newly-diagnosed daughter deal with the pain of shots.

But since you mentioned Lantus, we were on that first and it had a TERRIBLE sting for my daughter. Our nurse at Riley hospital told us that PH of Lantus is more acidic than that of the body and that some people are more sensative to it than others. My daughter was VERY sensitive to it. So, they switched her to Levemir (two shots a day instead of one, but the PH is like that of the body's own PH so it has no sting). It has worked BEAUTIFULLY for us, just wanted to share. =0)

:)

9. sharon c

sharon c Approved members

i have tried to find this but i can't any ideas.

10. sharon c

sharon c Approved members

found it - thanks

11. TrevonsMom

TrevonsMom New Member

I know this must sound like a broken record, but the link isn't working for me either. I wondered was there anything to numb the location Tre'von has bruising on his thighs, he takes his injections like a champ but this would be a great help:)

12. TrevonsMom

TrevonsMom New Member

13. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

None of the links work now. Do you know what happened to them?:confused: