- advertisement -

Shortest tubing length

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by wearingtaci, Dec 11, 2014.

1. wearingtaci

wearingtaci Approved members

.the a luer lock connection?
    Currently DD uses 23,bit the tubing never gets tucked in and she pulls out at least 1 site a week because it gets caught.
    Is there shorter tubing?

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Nope, that's the shortest there is. When my daughter was younger we would wrap tubing around pump and then put it in the pump pack. This is where arm sites come in handy because it snakes up the shirt protecting the tubing.

3. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

This is what I did. Take the tubing just after site and tape it down with tagaderm ( I preferred a see through cover) make as short as need.. And sites dont get pulled out as easy

4. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

My daughter uses 34 inch and it stays tucked in better. Especially with the Contact Detach, the short tubing just is too short. Pretty much impossible to use the restroom without disconnecting.

5. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

we wrap around the pump for now.

My girls wear their pump between the shoulder blades, attached to a bra/half top, even my 6 year old. No issue with using the restroom, they never touch their pump except to remove it.

6. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

Yep, my son used to clip to his pants and had some bathroom issues but now uses the spibelt and no problems! 24 is too long for us too but he keeps it tucked in his pants. The only time I appreciate the length is when I'm adjusting his settings at night and he rolls over. :)

7. Adrian

Adrian Approved members

The shortest I know is the Rapid-D Link (accu chek).
    The canula has 10cm of tubing, the shortest transfer set has 20cm of tubing. In total:30cm or about 12 inches.