- advertisement -

Shocked and Appalled

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by RosebudMama, Oct 26, 2009.

1. RosebudMama

RosebudMama Approved members

2. Traci

Traci Approved members

Honestly, this letter was published in a newspaper as an editorial? Must have been a slow news day. I think a little community education is in order.

With all the injustice in the world, all the kidnappings, murders, rapes, all the hungry children, all the abused, homeless, jobless, those with cancer, genetic defects, other life-threatening illnesses, not to mention war and genocide...with all this going on in the world, this IDIOT chooses to be appalled by a child taking medicine?! Yeah, his outrage certainly deserves news coverage.

And listen, I know that there are those in the "shots should be done in private" club--however, as someone who used to faint at the sight of needles, I always considered it MY problem, not the problem of the person giving or receiving the shot. (I've obviously overcome my previous aversion and could now hit a vein with a nail without flinching!LOL)

3. buggle

buggle Approved members

I actually find it humorous that a grown man was so emotionally distraught over witnessing...gasp... an injection. It must have caused great horror from the memory of the torture of a handful of vaccinations.

He should be embarrassed to come across as such a wimp. And I really wonder how he thought it was unsanitary to the neighboring tables.

Get a grip, dude! :p

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Good response to the original letter.. we don't hide anything, if Kaylee needs an injection at the table, she gets it.. if the person that is next to us doesn't like it, then they don't have to be nosy and watch, simply turn away.

5. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

great response. I can't believe the original guy thought this was something so horrible he had to write a letter to the editor.

6. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

"I was at a Burger King, and a paralyzed child had the audacity to adjust his wheelchair a little higher so he could reach the table. Worse, if I craned my next and stared long enough at him, eventually I caught a glimpse of his skinny leg. Right next to me when I was eating! I almost fainted from the horror. I think better write a letter."

Sometimes, people should think before talking.

7. Charlotte'sMom

Charlotte'sMom Approved members

Wow. Any know what newspaper this came from?

8. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

If this incident really ruined his meal, imagine how skinny this guy must be. I mean, every time some one coughed or sneezed near his food--shocked and appalled, every time someone hands him his food without wearing gloves--shocked and appalled.

Really makes you wonder why this guy eats out at all, since he is so sensitive.

9. EmmasMom

EmmasMom Approved members

OMG! People are so flipping ignorant.

Great response. :)

10. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

My grandmother can't stand the sight of needles, so you know what she does? She LOOKS AWAY!

11. Emma'sDad

Emma'sDad Approved members

Wow, I'm shocked and appalled that this guy is shocked and appalled. I really do hope that you get a response from this wacko! Hopefully with an apology, if not, with a VALID reason to why he would be so shocked and appalled to a common situation like this. I'd like to know because I got a comment like that from a waitress, that we know well, that said that a customer had told her after we left that they were shocked and appalled by Emma giving herself an injection when she was 5 years old. "Well then, she must be right, Emma is a monster and should never be let out of the house" I replied to the waitress. Sarcasm totally included. Get over yourself!

12. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Is the letter published online? If so, please provide the URL - I couldn't find it. Thanks.

13. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

what is so unsanitary about a child washing his hands, swapping his leg with alcohol and injecting himself with a sterille medication??????? :eek: THIS guy probably didnt wash his hands before he ate but the CHILD is being unsanitary? Yea ok dude....you're lucky it wasnt my kid!! :mad:

Dont even get me started on this!! What about this child who has to deal with this every day for the rest of his/her life?

14. austin_calebs_mom

austin_calebs_mom Approved members

Wow..this is unreal. If something like that bothers this man so much, then he should stay home and eat!!!

15. Kris4

Kris4 Approved members

That is pretty sad! I had a woman stare and stare and wisper to her friend and point when I gave Bri an injection at a restaurant one time.
    Hey, I like your music on your blog. I have all those songs in my IPOD!

16. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Oops that might have been me giving Steven a poke before he dug into his whopper there. Not sure what state that was in. I dont mean to be rude here but WTF!!!!???? Its not like this man was masturbating at the table ok??!! he was taking insulin. Kinda needs to do that to live. I so want to meet up with this guy that wrote this and ask him how he thinks we feel having to poke our kids with needles all day and prick their fingers besides!!!:mad::mad: I never wish d upon anyone but this guy needs a big wake up call in reality.

17. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Before pumping, if Katie Jane noticed someone pointing and whispering (like diabetes makes you deaf) she would get out a syringe instead of her pen and make a huge long drawn-out ordeal of holding the needle up and flicking it and then very dramatically give herself a shot.

If someone accidently hits her anywhere near her mid-section she screams out "Ouch, you hurt my pancreas!!" or "I think you broke my pancreas!"

18. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Oh Tim:( I am in awe that your sweet little girl is so brave and already gives herself injections. That people couldnt see her for the heroine she is, is whats appalling and pathetic in my book

19. etringali

etringali Approved members

My foot twitches with the desire of delivering a swift Boot to the Head!

20. Melancholywings

Melancholywings Approved members

There is so much awsome in this. What a great sense of humor.