- advertisement -

Share a victory-big or small

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by CButler, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

My victory is that we got our dexom working and are on day 5!!! We are so excited after months of troubles. And to top it off, we found that a tiny Baby Ruth bar makes the insertions much less painful for her and myself:)

My personal victory today is that I have decided that I don't care if the school hates me. She will be testing in her classroom, like all the other kids in the district are, by next year. Like it or not!

2. Ashti

Ashti Approved members

Today's A1C

Today's A1C was 6.5, a lower than expected and a welcomed number!

With two weeks of D-camp and a week of canoe-tripping in there with lots of fun but very high numbers, we were bracing for a 6.9-7.1 range.

Small victory!

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Approved members

Griffin is loving Kindergarten, his D care has been good, and our 504 meeting is scheduled!:)

4. Melancholywings

Melancholywings Approved members

For the last couple of nights Bean has been able to take her bedtime injections with out tears, bargining, or hysterics. It's been a week scince being diagnoised and it's amazing how far she's come - at the start even the finger prick sent her into waves of tears. Now she's shown interest in attempting to prep the pen and count the carbs.

5. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Have figured a way for Tyler to have his snack at school without a shot and without going high....his bg upon arrival at home has been 80 - 130:D

6. bisous

bisous Approved members

Kudos to everyone!

We've been going through a rough spot D-wise lately. Still, I've figured out the perfect way to dose for snack so that DS comes home from school in range. :)

7. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

Amanda has given herself her last 3 injections of humalog - I pinched the skin but she did the injection. :)

I'm so proud of her. :cwds:

Both my daughters joined wolf cubs with my younger son. The leaders (who we've known for a long time + go to our church) are willing to learn everything needed so Amanda can go to weekend camp!! She is thrilled, I am thrilled - dh and I will have a kid-free weekend in the future. :D

8. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

I figured out how to deal with Phillip's paper round. He kept going low at exactly the same point. Tried temp basals, extra food, all sorts, and finally got it sorted so he is now perfectly in range throughout.

9. MLH

MLH Approved members

Our news

It's only been 7 days but Analeigh is successfully managing her diabetes by herself at school.:D She's remembering to check and bolus and figuring out when to correct and when not to! I am so proud of her. I remember when she was in kdg and used to stand up and yell in front of the whole class "I feel low":p

10. linda

linda Approved members

Em has made a great adjustment to sophmore year HS!! She is already getting great grades and confident and beautiful as ever. We are so proud!

11. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

I bought a baby monitor tonight so I can actually hear the CGM alarms. It's cheap and it hums though. It might be OK; maybe that's just the way baby monitors are; I haven't bought one in many years.

I already heard a vibrate at 89. Good deal; it beats hearing the alarm at 78!:)

12. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

Both non D related....

Yesterday I looked in the mirror and decided my body needs a HUGE overhaul before summer. So I danced to my favourite 80's tunes for 30 mins. I am going to do this every 2nd day. I get a workout and also manage to pretend I am 80's rock chick.

And Tyler came home school yesterday with the news that he is topping his class in science!!

13. jmcole1

jmcole1 Approved members

My dd got her driving permit today. She is so excited. Me- not so much. :eek:

Jeri, Mom to:

Lauren (16) dx on 4/27/02
    Lindsay (10)
    Shane (8)