- advertisement -

Several issues/questions after kayaking/swimming

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by cindyrn6617, Jun 12, 2010.

1. cindyrn6617

cindyrn6617 Approved members

Has anyone had the Dexcom shut off saying it's memory is full. We just downloaded about a month ago. We've never had this happen in the 11 months we've had it. Then when we were downloading it, the Dexcom kept saying the download failed although it kept downloading on the computer. It got a little damp today after Ryan went kayaking for the first time, ziplock bag leaked.

Secondly, Ryan had major leg cramps tonight after kayaking and swimming. Both legs...We've never had that happen. His glucose was coming down after being over 400. First time for this too. He was yelling in pain and crying, rolling around on the floor. Never seen this. I had him eat a banana and gave him a vitamin. Don't know what else to do..

Has this happened to anyone? Advice is very welcomed.

2. Chippy28

Chippy28 Approved members

I have never had my Dexcom say that its memory is full. I have had it for over a year and I rarely download it. I would give Dexcom a call and see what they say. They have always been helpful when I call with questions.

As for the cramping legs, is it possible that he was/is dehydrated?

3. cindyrn6617

I will call Dexcom on Monday....this was a first for us too. I thought about dehydration too. We have had him drinking water all day, I did give him more especially since he was high. No more problems with either so far.

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Tylenol works for my son's leg cramps.

5. chbarnes

chbarnes Approved members

But you can't take tylenol if you use the Dex. Try ibuprofen.

Chuck

6. cindyrn6617

Hubby called Dexcom. The person he spoke with says she's never heard of this happening with a Dexcom and will be letting her boss know. Otherwise, we just have to keep using it and if it happens again call them.