- advertisement -

Segement on Sarah for the Annual Telethon Appeal

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by SarahsMum, May 9, 2010.

1. SarahsMum

SarahsMum Approved members

Hi All

Hope you are all travelling along well.

I cant believe its been 17 months since our miracle baby was born with Diabetes, what a journey its been.

Anyway each year on Good Friday our hospital runs a telethon appeal called the "Good Friday Appeal"

Last year it featured a small story on Sarah and this year they have done a follow-up story on her, so thought I would share it with you all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ_ldAL0PtY

Cheers

Karina and Sarah

2. Crystall

Crystall Approved members

What an amazing Video... You are such a wonderful Mom. Thank you for sharing it. Happy Mothers Day!

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Wow! I am feeling mixed emotions - sadness for what you and your little girl have to face every day and pure amazement at the strength you and she show!

Thank you for sharing this.

Is she going to have a liver transplant then? Maybe I misunderstood what was said.

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Hi Karina:) Ive thought about you and little baby Sarah and hoped that she was ok. She is such a little doll baby:cwds:

5. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

I'm in Awe!

6. SarahsMum

SarahsMum Approved members

StillMamamia - Yes she will need a Liver Transplant, basically all her bile ducts are malformed and the bile is not able to flow in and out of her liver causing it damage, for the moment the progression to full failure is slow, so we are hoping to get her to her 5th bday before we need to go ahead with a transplant

7. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Sarah is beautiful, and all of you amaze me with your strength and ability to take things as they come, with so much grace. You're certainly the right parents for Sarah.. :cwds:

8. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

How beautiful! :)

9. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

What a touching tv segment on your family. Thank you for sharing with us. You inspire me. :cwds::cwds:

10. Mom2Boys

Mom2Boys Approved members

You're an amazing family! Thank you for sharing that with us.