- advertisement -

Seaworld

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sarahconnormom, Jun 18, 2009.

1. sarahconnormom

sarahconnormom Approved members

We are off to Seaworld San Antonio for 2 days next week.
    Anyone been to Seaworld since dx?
    Any problems bringing in food, juice, supplies, etc?

I don't anticipate a problem but I want to be prepared just in case.

We had no issues at Disneyworld but they allow outside food to be brought in. I think Seaworld is different regarding outside food.

2. selketine

selketine Approved members

3. MyAngelEmma

MyAngelEmma Approved members

Don't know much about SeaWorld San Antonio but if it is anything like the one in Orlando you should not have any problems at all. They are so nice and very accomodating! No problem what so ever bringing in food or juice boxes or carrying medical supplies on the rides etc.

We have annual passes to SW Orlando and have been 4 times since Emma's dx last year. Feel free to PM me if you have an specific questions.

Enjoy your vacation!

4. Katie'sMom

Katie'sMom Approved members

We live in San Antonio, and were just at Seaworld last week. The only thing to remember is they do not allow plastic straws because they can harm the animals. I brought a few juice boxes with me and they took the plastic straws but gave me some paper (safe) straws to use. So I would recommend bottled juice or be flexible and willing to use the paper straws.

Now we didn't expect to get line passes or anything like that and had no need to store insulin, etc (she is on a pump), but we have never had a problem at Seaworld.

5. Jilleighn

Jilleighn Approved members

We were at Sea World of SA 2 weeks ago and they were amazing. They offered to store insulin and made sure we knew if a problem happen we can go to any first aid spots. they also said at any time we have a low go to a drink place and tell them I need a drink. (we did carry our own supplies and drinks with us, but they just covering everything.