- advertisement -

School vent

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by diamondback688, Dec 2, 2008.

1. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

OK. I've just got to vent a little bit.

I'm finally done with that algebra test and that in-class essay that I had to write this morning.

I think I did OK on the algebra test. My dad figured out that I have to get at least a 70% to be able to take the final. I think I at least have a 70%.

As for the in-class essay...I bombed it. Plain and simple. I had to choose from two topics and write for 60 minutes. I am absolutely crap at writing on the fly. Give me an essay that I can write at home and I'm good. I can do it.

I just ran out of time today. I needed another 15 or 20 minutes. The time ended right as I was starting my conclusion paragraph, so I only wrote four out of the five paragraphs. I'm going to catch he** from my parents, I know it.

Oh, did I mention that essay is worth 14% of my final grade??:eek:

I swear, if I have to take either of these two classes over again, I'm going to be pissed.

OK, I'm done.

2. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Awww I'm so sorry Ryan!! I'm sure you did well on the test, and if your 4 paragraphs are really good, maybe your teacher will have some mercy. One thing that I can tell that works on a time limit: Sort of make the ends of all of your body paragraphs seemingly conclusive. Then, it won't seem like you have any loose ends, and the conclusion is just a formality. One of my English teachers taught us that because of the the timed writing on the TAKS test we took. I wrote a short essay in like 15 minutes today, I got to run for President :eek::cool:. LOL. I had to state my platform and explain 3 major points :rolleyes:.

3. diamondback688

Yea, that mercy thing isn't going to happen. My english professor is an ice queen.:rolleyes:

4. diamondback688

OK, so there is good news and bad news.

The good news is that I got a 71% on my last algebra test. As you know, I had to get a 70% or better to be able to take the final. In getting that 71%, that made my average a 72%. So, I can take the final, thank God.

The bad news is that the second professor hasn't graded my in-class essay for English Comp I, so I don't know what I got. If you remember, it is worth 14% of my final grade. And I still haven't gotton my research paper back yet.:(. I want to know what I got, darn it.

My English Comp professor didn't tell me I couldn't take the final, so I guess I did OK on the in-class essay.

Oh, and I have another final in Wellness Concepts in an hour, so we'll see how that one goes. I haven't studied for any tests and haven't scored lower than a 78% or so, so I think I'll do great. I had an 'A' last time I checked.

5. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I'm glad that everything has turned out all right for you so far :D. Hope you do well in Wellness!!

6. diamondback688

That Wellness Concepts final was so easy! 50 multiple-choice questions. There were only four or five that I had to guess on.

7. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

That's good. I love multiple choice, it rocks.

8. diamondback688

My other two finals are multiple choice too.:D:D