- advertisement -

School nurse OD'ed my kid on insulin AGAIN!(very long vent)

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Becky Stevens mom, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Brendan's Mom

Brendan's Mom Approved members

I am glad Steven is feeling better. THAT IS SOOO SCARY. :eek:(((( HUGS ))))
    I have the nurse call me when a correction is needed and if there is a new snack or party or new treat. I know it may be alot but it worth the phone call by the nurse. I hope that next time the nurse would call you first before giving the doses. :cwds:

2. Brandi's mom

Brandi's mom Approved members

Maybe you could make him say something like "my mom told me I can't get any shots unless you call her first"

3. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

I can relate as we had a horrible nurse at first. She never followed her care plan. I would call a conference with the principal and lay it all out and the liability she put the school in by jeopardizing your sons health.

4. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

Sorry Becky, I would be frustrated too.

Have you tried explaining to the nurse with pen and paper, 1 unit drops him so many points, to give her the visual to the math.

Honestly IOB and stacking took me awhile to get, but I learn visually. As parents, we have more passion and determination to understand diabetes.

Your right she should follow your 504 plan, and that is frustrating.