- advertisement -

School Log Book Pages: Sample (modify for your CWD)

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by momandwifeoftype1s, Aug 25, 2011.

1. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuNW8epTmh4QdFdjY0hrOTZyTVJaUGgyc2tiV01uWXc&hl=en_US

I had been sending in a school log book with blank, lined pages to communicate blood glucose levels, insulin dosages, carbs consumed, supplies needed, etc.

His 4th grade teachers requested some visual prompting for times he needs to test with space to write his BG, etc. This should help with his independence too.

I re-worked RacerWife7's lunch form (thank you!) to make something to tape into his log book. I thought I'd share it with you in case you could use something like this at your CWD's school. You can download it and save it on your computer to edit in Excel. It prints two pages on one sheet in landscape. Hope it helps :D!

The size sheets fit exactly into a Mead Five Star lined notebook (plastic cover with loop for a pen), size 5 3/4" x 7". I am gluing them into his log book tonight.

Amy

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  2. TheTestingMom

TheTestingMom Approved members

Great! Thanks!

3. momandwifeoftype1s

You are very welcome! :D

4. momandwifeoftype1s

If anyone wants me to customize a schedule/form for your CWD, just let me know in PM. I love creating forms, so I'd be happy to help with formatting and customizing it for your CWD :cwds:.

5. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

You're sooo organized!!!:eek:

This is something I could use and adapt as Ian gets older. Thanks!

6. momandwifeoftype1s

Well, it only took me until Connor started 4th grade to figure out :rolleyes:. I'm glad you will be able to use it for Ian!

7. ashtensmom

ashtensmom Approved members

That's great. What kind of log sheet do you have for recording BG and insulin and place for comments and notes? We have a small logbook and I find it too small to add my little comments and notes and also no space to put results for extra blood checks. Would you mind sharing what you use?

8. momandwifeoftype1s

I guess I'm a little confused because I thought that is what's in the link? It's a Google Document. Can you view it? There's room to record the BG, insulin and notes/comments at the bottom. There's two to a page. I'll take a picture of it when Connor gets home from school so you can see how it fits in his log book (I used a glue stick to adhere the forms to the pages of the notebook). It fits right in the back pocket of Connor's L.L. Bean carryall bag (his diabetes bag).

If I'm not getting your post, please let me know. I'm kind of sleep deprived with school starting this week and having to wake up so early :rolleyes:.

9. mommabear

mommabear Approved members

Thank you so much:D this will come in handy:D

10. momandwifeoftype1s

You're welcome! I'm glad you can use it for your CWD :cwds:.

11. momandwifeoftype1s

Here are a couple of photos of the school log book in action after Connor's first day of school. Hope that helps give you a visual of how we use it. The white part on the green cover of the book is where I blocked out some of our personal information for privacy. Hope this helps! :cwds:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. anointed_professor

anointed_professor New Member

My son starts kindergarten on Monday and I am creating so many forms to help the teachers understand his needs. This log form is a great example and is very helpful to me. I am not sure how his body will respond to the change in schedule so it will be a matter of trial and error I guess.

13. momandwifeoftype1s

I'm so glad this will help your son as he starts kindergarten. I hope he has a great year! Yes, it's trial and error until you find ratios that work best for your son. I often go over Connor's upcoming classroom schedule with our endo to get their input on changes in I:C ratios for breakfast and lunch and to find out when to test his blood sugar. I usually am correct figuring this out myself, but it's nice to have an extra set of eyes. Since the endo has to sign the Diabetes Medical Management Plan, I have him look at the schedule at the same time.

Amy