- advertisement -

Saying Hello from the East Coast of Canada!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PseudoJenn, Jun 21, 2009.

1. PseudoJenn

PseudoJenn Approved members

Thought I'd figure out the registration details tonight while taking a break from 'Pump School' online! :p

I had popped in to CWD last month just days after our oldest DS was Dx'd with T1D on May 5th, 2009. (you never forget that date, do you? :eek: ) I was looking for support in the form of email contact but never found the forums. Now I've found them, and I've been reading, reading, reading!!!! :p

You are all such wonderful people going through the same things and helping others! I'm so happy to have found you! :D

Right now, we're doing MDI's with NovoRapid and NPH. His numbers at afternoon snack and in the night are running high lately. Our Dr. has pushed our request for the pump ahead. As far as I understand, there are only two pumps available in Canada that are recommended. The Minimed(Paradigm) and the Animas. I think I'll have to check out the Pump forum while I'm here! :)

So the quickie details, I'm Jenn, married to DH for 9years. We have 3 wonderful kids DS(7), DS(5) and DD(22mos), and 3 furry felines. :)

2. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

I am sorry that you had to find us, but I am glad you did. There are so many caring and helpful people here that are always willing to help out.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

3. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Hey Jenn. Glad you found us! There is tons of great info on here! Ask any questions you have - someone is always around to give great advice.

You'll find many people pump with Animas, MM, Cozmo, and Omnipod on here. (Although, Cozmo is soon to be gone, I guess?) We started the pump in March for Kylie and will start the end of this month for Travis. We went with MM. They all our great, though, IMO.

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Hi Jen welcome to the family, so sorry you had to join us but glad that you found the support youll find so helpful in your journey with diabetes. I hope your son is doing well, it takes time to adjust to all the changes in your lives. Come here often, ask lots of questions and please join us in the parents chatroom if youd like.

5. PseudoJenn

PseudoJenn Approved members

Thanks for the welcome Kristi, Tiffanie and Becky! :cwds:

I've read so many helpful threads, I don't know where to jump in and sometimes I'll think of a question, but not know where to put it (what forum) and then I'll go searching and usually find the answer in pages back! LOL

:)

6. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Hi Jenn - welcome! Looking forward to seeing you around the forum! Don't forget about the "chat-room" if you need to talk in real time.;)

7. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

Hi Jenn! Welcome! I hope you love the pump as much as my girls do! This is a great place...you'll lots of friends, support and information!