- advertisement -

Salter scale- where to find

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MelissaAL, Dec 29, 2012.

1. MelissaAL

MelissaAL Approved members

We have been using a basic kitchen scale to measure DD's food and are interested in getting a scale with a nutritional database. I like the looks of the Perfect Portions scale, but I keep reading on here about the Salter scale. Does anyone know where I could purchase one? The ones I am finding online don't seem to have the database. Thanks!

2. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

Unfortunately, the Salter 1450 was discontinued back in 2011, and has become exceedingly hard to find. The last place I knew who carried them was Drugstore.com, but they no longer have them.

Sorry!

3. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

Amazon

We ordered a Salter Scale through AMazon. I use it pretty regularly to weigh things like cereal and to weigh fruit. Those always gave me some trouble.

4. JNBryant

JNBryant Approved members

I've been browsing online for a scale similar to the one you're looking for. I found a salter scale with a database that has about 900 food items.

http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/salter-1406.html

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but it was one of the few scales I found that actually have a database. Hope this helps!

5. MelissaAL

MelissaAL Approved members

That's what I was afraid of. We bought a perfect portions scale at Bed Bath and Beyond today so hopefully it will work well for us.