- advertisement -

Safe Brand of Multivitamins

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Fidan R Aliyeva, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Fidan R Aliyeva

Fidan R Aliyeva New Member

hello, everyone. My nephew is diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. He is only 2.5 years old. Are there any reputable good brands of multivitamins safe for him? (With no carbohydrates)? My family lives in another former Soviet Union country where treatment is not as good, and we can’t have any doctor recommendations regarding this. I immigrated to the US many years ago and think how I can help, at least now with sending vitamins and probiotics. Any good recommendations and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. payam7777777

payam7777777 Approved members

there are far more important things you could provide for your nephew. namely an insulin pump and cgms. please look into those.

my nephew was also diagnosed at the age of 3.

rgcainmd likes this.
  3. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

I believe the carbohydrate count in one multivitamin is nearly negligible, especially for a newly diagnosed youngster who likely has a very low I:C ratio.