- advertisement -

Revel users - Did you switch from One touch to contour next?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by cm4kelly, Aug 4, 2013.

1. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

Just received our free Bayer contour next meter that links with the revel.

Have been using the one-touch ultralink for 3 years.

Did anyone make the switch to the new meter?

pros and cons?

Trying to decide to stay on the one-touch or move to the contour next.

2. haffgus

haffgus Approved members

We really like the Contour Next Link meter, although the case is awful. This is the first linked meter we have used in 7 years of pumping, as all of the other One Touch meters that linked required too large of a blood sample.

3. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

My daughter tried the meter with the sample strips that came with it & really wanted to test it out. With the discount card we got from Bayer, it is costing us $5 less per month in copays to use than the one touch we were using before. I figured if she wants to use it...she will be more likely to test, so why not. So far we have been happy with it.

4. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

We've started using the contour link. I like that it uses less blood. I also like that it gives you more time to get blood in if you didn't get enough the first time. We did a side by side test and his numbers were a little different, but not much. (sorry, I can't remember exactly the results we got. But I think the contour was better.)

It has a strip light, but it only stays on a short time, usually not enough time to put the strip in, poke the finger, and get blood in the strip. It would be enough time for a test during the day, but at night is when you need the light. :rolleyes:

The backlight is fine, but at night I find it shines too bright in my eyes, so then I can't see in the dark to get the blood into the strip. So I try to keep it covered until after I've tested. Or, last night, I tested by putting the lighted side away from me (holding the back side up) and it worked to shine light on the finger (because the strip light had already gone out) and keep the light out of my eyes. Maybe I'll be doing that from now on. :)

DS likes that it is smaller, so it fits better in his pocket. We also like the USB port feature. No more searching for the carelink USB when we want to download (which isn't very often). Also their discount plan makes our strips cost a little less, which I like.

I agree with Carol that the case is not that great. We haven't had it that long and it's already starting to come apart a little at the zipper near where the strip bottle sits. But that's not a huge deal to me.

So far we like it just fine.

5. Momontherun

Momontherun Approved members

My son likes the contour meter it is accurate , nice size and USB port is great. The lancet is terrible and the case stinks. Cost is good with the voucher. We only used the the new accu chek meter before.

6. Sari

Sari Approved members

We like it. Like that it is small and in color. I know that's sad to say, but makes it look "cooler:! We use to use the Nova Max meter which we loved as well though. One down side is that outside in daylight it's very hard to see the screen - like almost impossible.