- advertisement -

Revel upgrade

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by twodoor2, Oct 28, 2010.

1. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but for those that have upgraded to the Revel while in their warranty period, did you get a brand new one, or a refurbished one. Thanks in advance!:D

2. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

We got a brand new one, but we also did right at the beginning. So they probably had no refurbished ones yet. I don't know what their policy is on that one.

3. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

We upgraded basically when they first came out so we got a new one since there werent' any refurbs yet.

I would not shy away from a refurb. If you turn in a yr old pump and you get a yr old pump, then it's all good. And enough ppl got a brand new revel and had to turn it back in b/c of a glitch or whatever, so getting a new one is no garentee that something won't go wrong. What most important is if something DOES go wrong they will replace it. So if you're still under warrentee, then you're good.

ETA: Policy is to get a refurb if any are available.

4. lotsoftots

lotsoftots Approved members

I just talked to MM 2 weeks ago he said that all the Revel's are new they dont do a refurbished one with the upgrades..but even if they did it would be covered under warranty

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Ours was new, but we upgraded right after they came out.

6. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

I think we're in the same boat. I want to upgrade but we're not crazy about the idea of a refurbished pump.
    We only have 4 months till we're eligible for a new one, but the "old" one is ours to keep when the time expires. With the pathway program it will only cost us $400 since the warranty is still in place.
    I think we're going to upgrade, and then IF something new comes out (crossing the fingers for a tubeless from MM in 2011) the insurance will pay for a new one.

7. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I've heard they are refurbished, but someone above said MM said they weren't.. so who knows.. but their refurbished pumps are like brandnew ones, they take them apart and rework everything.. a refurbished pump could be as simple as someone that opens the box and decides they don't want it, never used it and sends it back.. they still have to call it reburbished and it still goes through everything all the other ones go through. I've also been told that the insides of the refurbished ones are all brand new, its the casing they 'reuse' because its expensive.

That said, if you are in a warrenty and almost up, your pump is almost 4 years old anyway.. I'd upgrade, so you have a revel, then go through insurance and get another revel with a 4 year warrenty. That way you have a revel for a backup. I wish we had done this.. we have a 522 as back up. But I also go them to cover the revel, through insurance before we were out of warrenty on the 522.

8. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

I guess I'm from the "if it works, it works" school. I'm sure Jacob's latest Animas pump is a refurb, but it has been golden. No problems at all. Best pump ever.

I figure they are probably giving more attention to detail with a refurbished pump than with a new one.