- advertisement -

Responding to post on service dog to all of you

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by happyfamily, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Somewhat off topic, but do you really feel a service dog is a cure for diabetes?

Also, did your child's pediatric neurologist attribute your child's epilepsy to having diabetes?

2. mom to a sports nut

mom to a sports nut Approved members

3. Mrs.Swinney

Mrs.Swinney New Member

Just an observation,
    but it would seem that the people that are in support of HSP are doing a whole lot of mudslinging and trashing those on the other side of the fence.

I would like to say that haileysmom, nobodybutjustme, mlbertness, and a few others that are sharing their experiences but not recommending HSP are very classy people. They seem to be truly happy for those that went through HSP and recieved a working hypoglycemic alert dog. and are not in anyway "trashing" the others.

Thank you for sharing your stories,
    and thank you to those who are being considerate to others!

4. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

You are very welcome to post in this community about all topics that are in guidelines with CWD. :) Support from this community in managing Type 1 diabetes is awesome and I can't imagine any parent of a Type 1 child not benefitting from the wealth of collected knowledge at CWD--and that is with the multitude of differing opinions. Since you have only posted on one "hot topic". I feel it is unfair for you to judge the mood and tone of this entire community.

It is truly nice to hear your son is doing so well with his dog. It's hard for me to even imagine calling a dog a "cure" for diabetes when so much more is involved that a dog can't do carb counting, insulin administration, BG testing before eating, Endo appointments. How do you see Janna as a "cure"--if you don't mind my curious question?

5. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

I think we've heard a lot from both sides. Let's let the legal system work and see what happens.

Thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.