- advertisement -

Researchers Identify Pivotal Immune Cell In Type 1 Diabetes In Humans ..Funded by JDRF

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sooz, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Yes, agreed and agreed. with the exception of changing Ali's name to mine of course;)

Always good to see what the researchers are up to. Thank you Richard. Oops, I mean Sooz:D

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

So by finding which cells exactly cause the T1 D chaos is a good thing, even if it was already known/suspected. However, any interesting research on why this happens? Are we any closer to finding out why the heck this happens? Just curious.

How about the thymus research (wasn't DRI working on this??)? Any news on that?

I guess my question is now that we know the culprit, what work is being done to figure out why the culprit screws up? Thanks.

3. sooz

sooz Approved members

I read the article, which was written years ago, and I saw nothing in it to explain the bitterness some people feel about JDRF. JDRF has to choose which grants to fund and Dr Faustman was already receiving funding from the Iacocca Foundation. Even JDRF has limited funds. No one has suggested in this thread that everyone should have the same opinion about anything, including JDRF. You and I obviously have a different read on that article. If that is the basis of JDRF hatred, I am frankly baffled.

4. Style mom

Style mom Approved members

You know, I had a whole response typed out, but I deleted it. If you truly don't get it, there is nothing I can say that would help you.

But I will say that you've participated in enough of these threads to know that this issue is not the only basis for the JDRF "hatred", as you seem to deem all criticism of the organization.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  5. sooz

sooz Approved members

Yes I read the letter and found it reasonable. Do you seriously think that newspapers print every letter they receive and only do not print ones that are not "credible?" it would be helpful if you would not pick apart words that I choose to use in my posts. It might make the discourse seem less hostile. We obviously have differing opinions about what that article implies. Perhaps if you reread it, YOU might have a better understanding of the issue. Or is any understanding that differs from yours not acceptable?

6. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

You have a difference of opinion, so leave it at that, why do you feel the need to attack those that don't believe in JDRF like you do? Let it go, believe what you want to believe and let others to the same.

7. sooz

sooz Approved members

Yes I see you edited your original response. I don't believe I asked for your "help." you seem to have quite a handle on what I have participated n and what I should know and apparently what I should think. As has been stated, people are allowed to have differing opinions. If there are other issues then bring them up so they can be discussed. I was only commenting on an article that I was asked to read.

8. sooz

sooz Approved members

Perhaps you could point out where I attacked anyone? From my point of view it feels quite the contrary, but thank you for your input. Perhaps you could let it go and believe what you want to believe and let others do the same.

9. caspi

caspi Approved members

Sooz, is there a reason why you feel the need to be so defensive ALL.THE.TIME? You seem to have a history of putting stuff out there and then over reacting when someone says something you don't like. Your first snarky comment on this thread was about the eye roll. Then all of this at the end.

I mean, you had to have known that any thread on JDRF would be a hot topic issue, with differing opinions. You have been involved in enough of these discussions over the months to know that.

Your whole attitude on this baffles me...........:confused:

10. sooz

sooz Approved members

Christina, I simply posted an article that had been sent to me that I thought would be worthy to share. I did not editorialize it in any way, just posted it. Why is that wrong? Why is it deemed defensive to reply to what other people post? If someone rolls their eyes at something I post, then I am supposed to ignore it? Are those the orders from headquarters? Perhaps if people don't want me to reply to them, then they shouldn't reply to me. I don' see why any thread on JDRF should be a hot topic issue.

11. caspi

caspi Approved members

NO ONE said it was wrong to post it. People were commenting on the article, not that YOU posted it. And Style Mom wasn't rolling her eyes AT YOU. It was in response to someone else's comment about JDRF. And she even told you to not take it so personally.

12. caspi

caspi Approved members

For some reason this didn't show up when I quoted you, so I will respond to this separately -- It is a hot topic because some people like and support what they're doing and others don't. That's just a fact of life. You, of all people, should know this from previous posts that have either been locked or turned ugly.

13. sooz

sooz Approved members

I totally understand that. People either appreciate the fact that JDRF funds research or they see no merit in it. Others are interested in reading about research no matter if it is funded by JDRF or being done by Dr. Faustman and are willing to learn about all of it.

14. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

You've got to be kidding me! are you 5 years old? There is absolutely no point in having this conversation with you.. you are simply looking to argue, so have at it, I hope you enjoy it.

And for the record, you've been all over Sarah and others for voicing their opinion on not liking JDRF like you do. You are all over every.little.thing. they have to say.

15. sooz

sooz Approved members

?? I am 63 years old. Is this now about my age? Just because you say something does not make it "the record." I admire Sarah for her knowledge about D and her willingness to help others with their questions about D. I don't know who "they" are that I am all over every.little.thing. they have to say. I am only trying to respond to what people say to me. I am not kidding you. I have said I understand people have differences of opinions about JDRF. Does that cover it? Perhaps if you feel there is no point in having a conversation with me, you will stop having one. Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  16. GRANDY

GRANDY Banned

I'm not directing this at any specific "hooligan" so if you think this post is directed at you, then you need to look inside yourself. These "hooligans" like to team up and attack sooz like a bunch of blood thirsty sharks. This is a support group on a board, why does it have to turn into a hateful fest again Sooz and the JDRF which is in business to find a CURE for you and your loved one. Disgusted again.

17. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Oh, I think Sooz has her own defenders.

18. GRANDY

GRANDY Banned

Maybe I am. Watching a handful of hooligans attacking a 63 year old grandmother just upsets me. As a "young lady" of 73, I find certain comments directed at Sooz rude and with no merit.

19. caspi

caspi Approved members

Grandy, while I realize this is a public board and everyone is allowed to post, I can't help but wonder why is it that you only seem to post in the most controversial ones and rarely any others? :confused:

20. GRANDY

GRANDY Banned

Caspi, I post when I see Susan getting berated.
    To be quite honest, I'm afraid to voice "my opinion" as I don't want to be attacked.
    I see some people who ask valid questions and they get sarcastic answers. I don't want that.
    Okay, here is a question. My grandbaby has sites that are constantly coming out, there is a steel site that has been mentioned in the past, is starts with an "O", and I can't for the life of me, remember the name. Anyone know what they are called? They are supposedly "top notch" but quite rare. Is this a site that can only work with one type of insulin pump, and does insurance cover it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.