- advertisement -

Removing Mios

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Nevaeh's mommy, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Nevaeh's mommy

Nevaeh's mommy Approved members

Hi, everyone we will start pumping March 27th (in just 6 days)!!! Yesterday my daughter tried the infusion set with no insulin and wore it all day and all night. She said it didn't hurt going in but complained about it when we took it off today. Does anyone have advice on how to take these off easily???

2. Sandy's mom

Sandy's mom Approved members

My daughter uses the Mios too. She just pulls them out. After a shower or bath it would be easier probably, or use a warm damp washcloth to moisten the area.

Congrats on the pump btw :cwds:.

3. twintype1s

twintype1s Approved members

We put a couple squirts of Uni-Solve, let it sit for a minute or 2 and it comes right off. I get it on Amazon, and I recommend the bottle of liquid over the wipes. My bottle has lasted for more than a year, with 2 kids getting site changes every 2-3 days.

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Even baby oil will do the trick, apply and let it soak for a few minutes to loosen the adhesive. Ideally, I like a product called "medi-sol". And remember that you want to lift straight up so the canula isn't forced to come out sideways.

5. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

Agree with the above. Also, removing a site after just a day is more painful than removing it after 3 days. The adhesive looses it's stickiness with successive days.