- advertisement -

Removed MM sensor on day 8 and skin looked great!

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by ecs1516, Oct 26, 2010.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I was planning on taking it out today anyway to see the skin, but we got a weak signal for quite a while then it went to lost sensor. Does this mean it was dead or could I have done "Find lost sensor?" I decided not to try so I could see the skin. Wow, his skin looked great. It looks good like when he used to wear the Navigator minus the temp probe spot. Now, I just hope it stays looking good on future sensors. I hate having two kids on different sensor brands but that is what we are doing right now. Had my son's Dexcom go to ??? for a while but came back. We are on the 2nd 7 days with that one. Hate to pull it he is sick with a sore throat virus right now. Came back from ??? with a couple point off BG stick.

2. Mike&Dans.Mom

Mike&Dans.Mom Approved members

By day 7 or 8 you will see weak signal etc. You have to pull the transmitter off to recharge for at least 15 minutes.

We do that and we are getting another week out of some sensors!

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Even on these new transmitters they need recharging after 7 days? I had thought it was 14 days. Good to know. I just don't know how I can pull off the transmitter will all that tape.

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

On the new transmitters, you don't have to recharge, but you do have to disconnect and reconnect.

5. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

Glad to hear about the skin looking good. Last night Jacob says "ooh, I got an itch." I said "don't tell me that". He is on day two trying Hypafix below the Dex site. He told me that the itch wasn't under the site, just right at the very edge of it. I looked and there was just a tiny bit of the Dex site that extended past the Hypafix and that's what was itching.

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Yes, I get very paranoid when my sons scratches. Now if he does it ,he says don't worry mom this is a loose tape itch. It is different.

7. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

Hypafix doesn't stick to itself, so some people tape just over the sensor and then tape again over the whole thing. Then to disconnect the remove the top layer, but the sensor is still held on tight. You just disconnect for a minute and then reconnect and you're good to go--I think you have to restart though. That's on day 7, but you still have to restart on day 6 so you might as well do both. In fact if you're disconnecting anyway you might as well recharge, but it's good to know you don't have to if you don't have it handy. Also some people tape so that it's easy to disconnect just enough without actually removing the transmitter.

8. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

So, even though it doesn't need a recharge, the transmitter needs to be reset?

9. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Yep, exactly. Disconnecting and reconnecting resets the transmitter.