- advertisement -

Red Bump - What Could it Be?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lisanc, Mar 18, 2012.

1. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

Maddie developed a bump on her tush a week ago ... and I cannot figure out what it is. It is slightly red, not hot or any heat, and does not hurt at all. It feels like a lump under the skin. I don't think it is an infection as I don't see any signs of pus or heat radiating from it.

I use her tush for sensors only but did not shoot a sensor in this area. In fact, this area is lower than where I do shoot in the sensors. When I first noticed the bump I thought maybe it was a bug bite, but it has not gone away.

I am going to call doctor on Monday for appointment but I thought someone here might have an idea of what it is. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

It's probably a good idea to mark it's size with a pen so that you can see if it's spreading. Worth a call to the Dr just in case it is a brewing sensor infection. Hope it turns out to be nothing! :cwds:

3. Jake'sMama

Jake'sMama Approved members

We aren't pumping so I have no input on that topic.

That said, my kids get them from time to time during sweaty seasons. Probably all that time sitting in a desk chair at school. They eventually go away on their own.

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Its either scar tissue, or a small infection under the skin.

5. sooz

sooz Approved members

How big is it? Might it be a boil?

6. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

I am going to try to get into doctor tomorrow ... thanks for the replies ...

I was wondering if it might be a boil as well ... I will let you know what doctors says ...

any advice for what we should do for it in the meantime?

7. sooz

sooz Approved members

If you think it's a boil, hot moist compresses would be the thing. If you google boils you will find lots of stuff on them.

8. swellman

swellman Approved members

I'm thinking wait until tomorrow.

9. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

I did wait and went to the Doctor today ... he thinks it might be scar tissue or something irrelevant ... not infection ... says wait and no need to come back unless it starts getting bigger. Doctor said if it was an infection you would feel some sort of pain.

Thanks for all the replies ... it was greatly appreciated!!

10. sooz

sooz Approved members

Glad everything was ok.