- advertisement -

Reconnecting Navigator Sensor

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kiwiliz, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

New Navigator - we are having trouble pulling sensor off because it has a gap. Is there a trick to this?

2. buggle

buggle Approved members

Are you trying to restart the sensor to get another 5 days out of it? Do you mean pulling the transmitter off the sensor bracket?

3. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

We had tried to put it on, very first time, and it had a gap. It shows in the manual that it isn't correctly aligned. We hadn't fixed it on properly and it wouldn't connect properly. We couldn't pull it off without pulling the whole sensor off to re-set it. To compound problems the little plastic and blue sensor appears to have fallen out. Not quite sure when - we had to take the whole sensor off. We used a completely new set and it seems to be working. For the next time I would love to know - when you extend the life of it, from the standard 5 days, you don't physically remove the transmitter do you. Many Thanks. Liz PS If you know how to pull the transmitter off the sensor bracket that would be great in case we put it on awkwardly next time.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  4. buggle

buggle Approved members

Well, that really is a horrible start. I'm sorry it was such a pain, but I'm glad you worked it out. My husband usually does the sensor changes, so I'll have him respond in a bit. I really hate trying to pull the transmitter off the sensor. I've done it, but it's really hard. He has the hang of it, so he can probably give some pointers. When you're ready to remove the whole sensor to replace it, you can leave the transmitter on it and then remove it after you've taken the whole thing off.

When you trick it into using the same sensor twice, you have to slide the transmitter enough to break the connection and then you slide it back on, leaving the sensor in it's bracket in place. We didn't try it until we'd been using the Navigator for quite a while and we really felt comfortable with it. There are detailed instructions you can find around the web.

It takes a while to feel comfortable with the Navigator and it does have it's glitches. We've had a good run for quite a while (fingers crossed) and I've really learned to rely on it. I hope you guys like it too.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  5. buggle

buggle Approved members

Asked my hubby about this. Was the gap between the top of the transmitter where it mounts to the actual sensor? There's supposed to be a small gap there. Or was there a gap between the plate of the sensor mount and the transmitter? You can slide it to see if it's mounted and seated properly and then when you push it into place, it clicks.

6. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

Thank you so much for replying. The problem was the second one. So we should have just persevered and slid it back until it was seated properly? I will have a search for the extending life thing online. Please thank your husband too. Really appreciated it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.