- advertisement -

Recommendation for Lancing Device

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by vanfull, Feb 16, 2012.

1. vanfull

vanfull Approved members

I have BD Lansing Device for my daughter which we LOVE, but alas it is not made anymore. My son has a Penlet Plus and he always wants to use his sister's BD because it's more comfortable. I saw that they even recommend the old BD device on this website. Have any of you found a compatible lansing device to the BD that takes One Touch lancets? Thank you so much!

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

Have you considered the multiclix?

3. bnmom

bnmom Approved members

My son prefers the One Touch Delica - says it's all but painless.

4. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

The delica and multiclix are both great lancing devices, but won't work with the BD lancets you have left to use up. For devices that take standard lancets, this is my favorite:

http://www.owenmumford.com/us/range/31/autolet-impresion.html

I also like the one that Bayer includes with their Contour meters.

5. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

Multiclix

My son loves multiclix. If I use anything else, he says it hurts.

The drum holds I think 6 lancets and you just change the lancet by rotating the drum. It is very easy.

6. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

That's been our experience as well. My son loves the Delica! And his fingers look so much better after a few months of using this over his old lancet style.

7. lgouldin

lgouldin Approved members

Delica here also...she has used many and the Delica's are the winner

8. lgouldin

lgouldin Approved members

You can get the Onetouch Lansing Device from their web site for free... they send it with the free meter offer. :D

9. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

We use the Multiclix.

The Delica is great too, but it's just too flimsy for a teenage boy. Changing the lancet is kind of fiddly too, which doesn't work well for us.

The multiclix uses drums of lancets. All you have to do is twist the top to change the lancet, and then change out the drum after you twist it to the end. Super easy to work with, no exposed lancets when you're changing the drum, and it's nice and sturdy.

10. hmarin2005

hmarin2005 Approved members

My son uses the One Touch Delica, he said it barely even hurts when he pricks his finger.

11. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Unfortunately delica didn't work for my teen either, his fingers are just too work hardened quite frankly!

We use multiclix as well.

12. jules12

jules12 Approved members

My son likes both the multiclix and the delica. He prefers the delica because he thinks it hurts less and it is smaller to fit in his pockets. I was able to get a free poker from both companies to try by calling them.

13. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

We Love the Delica! She does not even feel it and the black dots have disappeared. The drawbacks are that it is "fiddly" (as hdm42 said) to change the lancets, it does not always put the prick where you would expect it to be (i.e. it is hard to "aim"), and it does seem to be flimsy to me (though in all honesty it has not broken).

14. AJMom

AJMom Approved members

DD uses the multiclix but doesn't want us to use for night checks! DH and I use the Delica for the night checks! Not sure her thinking behind this, but it is NBD for us to do as she asks in the case!

15. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

Ashleigh's lancet device is made by Specialty Medical company. Here's a similar lancet.

[​IMG]

we use the one touch lancets with it. We happen to have some BD lancets here that we don't use. I just checked and they also fit in our lancet device.

Ashleigh likes it, says it's less painful (for her) compared to the other lancet devices she's tried (including the delica). She only has to have the lancet dialed to a 1 or 2 compared to using a 6 or 7 with other devices.

16. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Tiniboy Lancets were all the rage at one stage.. I don't know if they are still available but many people liked them.. They say they fit many lancing devices..

17. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I tried them but the quality of the product was very poor. I really like the Delica because it has a much "softer" mechanism than other lancers that she has used. Combine that with the Freestyle meter/strips that take the smallest blood sample size in the world and I barely have to prick her finger to get blood, which means less trauma for the skin.

18. vanfull

vanfull Approved members

thank you

Thank you so much for all of your replies! They were very helpful!

19. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

multiclix here=) I used to have two of them but a kid I was babysitting broke one when he pricked a brownie!:eek: it got stuck and part of the inside snapped when I pulled it out:rolleyes: I was not happy with that kid:rolleyes: he wasn't supposed to touch it anyway

20. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

Delica here too. We've been using it about a year and wouldn't use anything else!