- advertisement -

Reasonable Dexcom rep?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Budapest, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Budapest

Budapest Approved members

Our trying-to-get-Dexcom saga continues. Unfortunately the regional rep. (Maryland) that the endo put us in touch with is hopeless. He doesn't read more than the first line of any e-mails, so I cannot get reasonable (and reliable) information out of him.

Since we leave the US in a week I must take care of everything now that requires our physical presence here (like training?) and it is just not a happening thing with this guy.

Is there more than one rep in any area?

Could you recommend a rep even from somewhere else, who is willing to listen to me for 10 minutes and consider our somewhat unusual circumstances?

Thank you.

In case you cannot tell -- I am a little fed up. :mad:

2. Wendy12571

Wendy12571 Approved members

If you give me a little bit of time. I will e-mail you the cellphone number for the NJ/NY Rep. I met the DC rep and he seemed pretty cool to me at the FFL conference. If you could just have it shipped to someone here in the US that might work easier. I am not sure how it will work with where you are but I would gladly give you the phone number and e-mail for my rep.
    Wendy

3. Budapest

Hi,

Shipping won't be an issue -- relatives can forward it to us. The problem is that for weeks I was trying to get it straight what is necessary/required prior to purchase and it is just not working while time is running out.

Thanks for your assistance.

4. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

We did a trial, but there s no training to speak of. Good or Bad, I gott all the needed training here!

Just the paperwork from Dexcom and a letter from the DR o insurance and it was shipped to us and we just put it on her.

I only talked to a rep once I think.

5. badshoe

badshoe Approved members

6. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

We got our script, bought the unit then the rep did come to our house for training but we could have done without the training. Although ours was great. Our trainer was from the Philly area of PA. THere are not many trainers per state per our trainer so have you just called Dexcom instead of talking to a trainer?

7. Budapest

Oh, this is promising. (It was the Nav that they wouldn't sell us in Germany without in person training.) Maybe this is why they guy is not getting what I am asking from him.

Thanks. For now I will hold off sending him a message about his rep and we will see how things develop. :D I have a feeling he might read even less of my e-mails than this guy. :p

I haven't called their main customer service number yet. The only person I was in contact with was this rep. Our endo suggested to deal with him. BTW the endo whom we also found through CWD :cwds: is unbelievably great and helpful. I hope we will find a similarly helpful rep to assist us.

8. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

My rep is amazing. If you want I can give you her number.

9. Budapest

Thank you for the responses. It seems that one of the persons you recommended is going to help us out -- I hope.

10. selketine

selketine Approved members

Is this Dr. Reiner?

Hope the Dexcom thing works out!

11. Budapest

Yes, it is!! :)

12. selketine

selketine Approved members

I've always heard great things about him - I'd take William there if we ever lost our current pedi-endo. Glad that is working out for you!