- advertisement -

Read any good books lately?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by DsMom, Jul 15, 2011.

1. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Oh, I loved those books. How sweet and innocent...but still interesting. I want to live in Mitford!:)

2. Yellow Tulip

Yellow Tulip Approved members

I just thought of another one I read recently that was really good. "Kane and Abel" by Jeffry Archer.

3. Liongirl4

Liongirl4 Approved members

I am reading Heaven is for Real (Todd Burpo), "A little boys astounding story of his trip to heaven and back". I cannot put it down!!
    I enjoyed the Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton..a nice long mystery/journey though generations to discover a familys secret past.
    Thanks to the recommendations here, I have the first 3 Outlander Series waiting to be read!

4. Fairlight

Fairlight Approved members

Me, too! Now, I want to read all the books again. I was so sad when I finished the last one.

I had trouble getting into the first book in the series for some reason. I almost put it down and didn't finish it. About half way through, though, I was hooked.

Love the characters in these books.......Dooley Barlowe, Miss Rose, Uncle Billy and his jokes....Oh, we should read these again, soon. :)

5. Meredithsmom

Meredithsmom Approved members

Just finished "The Help." Very good and I would recommend it to anyone.

I have also read "The Memory Keepers Daughter." Agree that it is great.

6. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

I am so going to have to print all this out. Can't wait to dig into all these great suggestions!

7. Meredithsmom

Meredithsmom Approved members

Just finished The Help. Very good.

8. Wendy12571

Wendy12571 Approved members

I personally loved The Devil in the White City. It is a true story about the building of the Chicago worlds fair. The most interesting part of the book is the little tidbits of history you find out. I am not sure if the World's fair hadn't been in Chicago, Disney World would have been created. It does deal with the dark subject of a serial killer, but know what it is written so well one can deal with the darkness.
    Wendy

9. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

My favourite Jeffrey Archer is "Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less"..

10. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I'm currently reading "Brooklyn" by Colm Toibin. Different from Evanovich, LOL. We'll see how I like it. I'll let you know, since I know you are all dying to have my opinion on it.:rolleyes: