- advertisement -

rash on non D child...questions/help

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by mandapanda1980, Feb 6, 2011.

1. mandapanda1980

mandapanda1980 Approved members

Breck, my non D 3 yr old has had this rash for a while andim not sure what it is..

It is on both of his butt cheeks, all over the fatty area(not in the crack or anywhere else)
    It is red, dry and very very itchy. Everytime his undies or pull up comes off he's scratching like mad. Which makes it even more red

I'm not sure if this is a type of diaper rash?? He only wears a pull up at night(no accidents, but just to be safe) and wears underwear during the day. Its winter here so there's no sweating or swimming(not a chlorine reaction)

Maybe its an actual skin problem..ecsema(spelling) or something? Anybody know of any rashes or something similar of the sort and what I should do? Lotion? Or would it make it worse? Any advise? Thanks! :)

2. lynn

lynn Approved members

That sounds like my nephew--his poor little butt. It is an allergy-type eczema in him. They tried many different things through the pediatrician and was finally sent to an allergist. I would talk to the doctor about it.

3. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

Could it be pin worms?

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Amanda, has he been on antibiotics recently? If so, it could be yeast. Sometimes kids will get that even on the buttocks and it does get very itchy. Can you get a hold of some Aveeno bath powder? That may soothe it a bit. I would take him to have it checked if it doesnt clear up in the next couple days, if its yeast he would need Nystatin cream.

5. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Ava was fine with diapers but got the WORST rash from pull ups.

We had to switch to cloth trainers, then finally to doing alot of laundry. :rolleyes:

6. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

my girls both reacted very strongly to pull ups. Maybe nighttime diapers would work better??

7. mandapanda1980

mandapanda1980 Approved members

Thank you foxr all the suggestions (sorry I have been away a few days) but I took him in and they think it is either excema(spelling) or allergies..possibly pet. So were starting him on a cream for excema then if that doesn't clear it up we'll go from there

8. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

My thoughts were excema or some sort of allergy as well.. my youngest (who is too stubborn to potty learn) can't wear Huggies/Pullups either, he'll break out in a rash almost immediately. The pampers easy ups seem to be okay with him though, even if I can't stand the way they smell.