- advertisement -

Raise your hand if you are up this late chasing a HI!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MamaChrissa, Sep 9, 2008.

1. MamaChrissa

MamaChrissa Approved members

...damn failed site! :eek: I'm gonna be useless tomorrow! :mad:

2. BozziesMom

BozziesMom Approved members

Sorry to hear that. I'm watching for the opposite. We'll be useless together...

3. mommyofAx4

mommyofAx4 Approved members

Just wanted to say i hope things back in control soon so you can get some rest i know how you feel iam waiting to check dd because i just adjusted insulin and make sure shes fine

4. MamaChrissa

MamaChrissa Approved members

Ill put the coffee on now!

Hes down to 240 and his IOB is equal to the BG, so if he drops just a bit more in the next half hour, I can maybe get 3 hours in.

5. Tau1061

Tau1061 Approved members

I'm just a night owl...

6. BozziesMom

When I read your post, I had a flash of Ally Sheedy in the Breakfast Club..."Does anyone want to know why I'm here? [detention] I didn't have anything better to do..." lol.

7. Tau1061

Tau1061 Approved members

:D:p:D

I've just had a lot of work lately... and I learned a long time ago I work better when no one is around to distract me :) The 30u Novo dose thread caught me, so I've been watching it but getting ready to call it a night.

8. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

yup...i'm definately chasing a high. I'm sick and have been between 250 and 350 pretty much all day today. :( Can't seem to get it down. Good luck with chasing the high and the site failure. Hopefully you'll get some sleep soon.

9. JacksonsMom

JacksonsMom Approved members

I just couldn't sleep so I thought hey, I'll just get up and get on CWD for a while. You know you might be addicted when......

Sorry to those of you watching lows and highs! I hope you catch some zzzz soon and I hope my insomnia goes away soon!

10. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

Since you are up and I could sleep if I was actually in bed, can I bring Jess over and let you chase this high for me? I will pick her up in the morning...lol

Can bug bites cause a high? She has 17 bites on her legs, some are huge and her bg is crazy.

11. JacksonsMom

LOL bring her on over! As for the bug bites, I have no idea!!!!!!!!!! With D you just never know!

12. Anja821

Anja821 Approved members

air bubbles

DH was up til 2:30 this morning chasing highs. I woke up when he came to bed and couldn't get back to sleep. I found a huge air bubble in the reservoir, and bubbles in the line. I primed them out, gave a little more insulin and Evan woke up at 122 :)

Hubby, being the stubborn man he is, can't believe the air bubbles would have caused the high. He also can't believe the air bubbles would interfere with the insulin delivery.

Hel----loooooo?? What is he thinking? He must have just been sleep deprived.

13. Tweety8

Tweety8 Approved members

You know, I wondered the same thing last week! She wouldn't get out of the 300's for half a day and then I finally got her down (even a site-switch didn't lower her #'s). It was also on a day where she had a ton of mosquito bites. So, who knows.

Almost 8 months after diagnosis and I cannot believe how you just get so used to no sleep. It sucks, but I can't believe how our bodies adjust. Of course, I probably look like crap but at least my kid's healthier.

14. 4.my.son

4.my.son Approved members

Is it the weather? or what....

15. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

Heres hoping for a better sleep filled night for all of us!!

16. JacksonsMom

I am praying for a good nights sleep!

If not I'll be on here talking to Barb and Paula at 3 am. Thank goodness for CWD!

I hope all you aren't up chasing high's again!

17. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

Bug bites do tend to raise lvls, especially if irrritated

18. CJ's Mom

CJ's Mom Approved members

Oh great, something else to watch for. Seriously though, thanks.

I'm up chasing a headache from chasing lows and highs the last 3 days. Does that count?

19. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

Well I am up tonight chasing a high. My almost 13 year old son, ate five slices of pizza and a small gatorade and then he bolused, but then *somehow* "accidentally" hit the cancel button. Then he couldn't figure out why he suddenly felt bad. This was about two hours after eating. We checked him. He was 530!!! Then we went back into the history and found out what happened. Well DUH. So we are s-l-o-w-l-y bringing him down, because I don't want to crash him. After an hour and a half now he is 300.

20. BozziesMom

It's kind of amazing to look back and realize you haven't slept more than 3 hours in a row since dx... and that's on a good night... and I'm only 2 months in... one day at a time. When I think about how much time lies ahead with no sleep, it's a little scary. :cwds: