- advertisement -

QuickFix Keychain

Discussion in 'Other Diabetes Products' started by Red (aus), Nov 5, 2005.

1. Red (aus)

Red (aus) Approved members

I live in a tropical area with a hot climate so carrying hypo stuff can become a bit tricky. Several months ago I got several of these quickfix keychains and they've been a godsend. With the hot weather, glucose tablets are the easiest option being they don't melt and get sticky etc. But even then, we have to actually remember to take the glucose tablets with us for them to be of any use, and this keychain has made that so much easier.

You can check it out at: http://www.quickfixkeychain.com/pages/1/index.htm

I have one on my keyring, one permanently hung in my car and Taylor has one hooked onto her school bag zipper and in 6 months these have saved my sanity a few times, so I thought I'd share the information :)

2. AmberO

AmberO Approved members

Oh wow! Those are wonderful! I just sent an email to them asking how much shipping is to Finland. But I could also have them sent to my moms house in the States and she could send them in the next care package.

Those would be so much easier for my daughter to clip on to her backpack then digging around in it looking for the tablets at the bottom of her bag. :p

3. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

Marissa has one of those on her key ring. I highly recommend it for everyone -- even parents. You'll always have four glucose tablets with you.

4. noelphobic

noelphobic Approved members

I've seen these before and they look good but absolutely no good in the UK because glucose tablets are always rectangular shaped, never round!

Brenda

5. Sweetkidmom

Sweetkidmom Approved members

Test strip bottles work well too

I went to the website for the gadgets mentioned above and looked at them with a little envy, I must admit. They look fantastic.....

But with our weak currency and being a single parent, I have to prioritise and economise (not always a bad thing, and I did "splash out" on some FRIO products on the Net recently) and I recently took a fresh look at the many test strip bottles we've accumulated.

If you bore a hole through one side and the bottom (the bottles are not that hard so you don't need a drill or anything) and insert a ring (those that you put your keys on) - bingo, you have an instant hypokit! We use "Super C" glucose tablets (they can handle any temperature) and they happen to fit very neatly in circumference into the bottle. Hang it on your existing keyring and they're with you everywhere. They seal nice and tightly, too.

They're a bit bulky, not as flat as the nice ones on the webpage - but on the flip side, I've met quite a few diabetics who notice the bottle with my keys and start up a conversation!

Kay
    Recycling nut and hoarder of "one-day-I'll-find-a-use-for-it" stuff