- advertisement -

Quick update.

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Alpha, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Alpha

Alpha Approved members

Hi all.

haven't been posting much but was away in Oz on holiday and then Gabriel got an ear infection when we got back along with conjuctivitis.

Anyhow seems we might be coming out of honeymoon period, as his insulin requirements have gone up a lot again in a short period of time.
    Im kinda releaved about that truth be told, our Dr keeps saying that honeymoon is a good thing but he had more and more lows from over dosage of insulin or right dose but his body also chucked some in there too for good measure...he's been really good and stable in the last few days.

Anyhow, got an invite to the Diabetes day walk for Diabetes awearness day, which is being held at parliment. Should be interesting.
    Hopefully hubby can get some time off work to come along.

anyhow, just thought I'd drop in and say Im still here, still reading, getting my head round things day to day.

How's everyone else going?

2. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

Hey Alpha

Hope you had a good time in Oz.
    Things with us going okay. Tyler just had an endo appt and they said he is still in the honeymoon. We are about a month and a bit away from our 1 year since diagnosis. Gosh time flies when you are stressing!
    Are you going to do the walk? It will be interesting to say the least.
    We are off to the Auck zoo in Nov with Diabetes Youth for the xmas party. It will be really good for us to meet other parents in the same boat. We only know one other mum and dad. Ivan'smum is going as well so we are going to hopefully meet and put faces to names.

Anyhoo, better go and mentally prepare myself for the afterschool onslaught of my 2 precious cherubs!
    Catch ya later

3. Alpha

Alpha Approved members

Hey Deb's.
    Yip we'll be doing the walk got our invite and pin in the mail over the weekend.
    Should be fun, I imagine that Gabriel will attract a bit of attention as he's the youngest in wellington.
    which should be funny.

currently asleep on the couch here so that's good in my books lol

4. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

Carl and I are going to keep an eye out for you and Gabriel on the news re the awareness walk.
    Is the walk for the UN Diabetes day or is it for the Diabetes NZ Awareness week? Just so I know what day to watch the news!
    I have no clue if anything is actually happening in Auckland. Haven't heard a thing.

Hope everything is going ok. I saw your post on MuntedPancreas. Any joy on the move to Sydney??

5. Alpha

Alpha Approved members

The walk is on the 14th Nov. for world diabetes day. :)
    and i think nz diabetes awearness is the week after that or from that week or some such :)

No joy as yet, hubby's still hunting out good jobs but he's started talking to job agencies over there.
    Dont think anything will happen really till the new year but that's ok , we're in no real hurry :)

6. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

Fair enough. Carl and I have been looking online at jobs overseas, mainly Dubai and the middle east. He's started thinking seriously about his career after the airforce and has decided that he doesn't want to do photography when he leaves. There are soooo many of them already.
    At the moment he is looking at changing trades within the airforce which is looking promising. If it doesn't happen, we are seriously going to look elsewhere. Personally, at the moment I'm not sure I am happy with the path that NZ seems to be heading down.

Just after I emailed you this morning, got an email from Diabetes Youth Auckland about a fundraising walk on Nov 25th. So of course we will be going and inviting as many friends and family as we can muster!

Catch up later

7. DylansMum

DylansMum Approved members

Hi, I got my invite by email too for the Auckland walk in Takapuna, so yes we will be doing that too, and I have to send off to get tickets for the Xmas Party at the Zoo in November.
    We didn't go last year, as I was away overseas for work, hubby was going to take the kids but it was pouring with rain, and he didn't think it would go ahead, but it still did, and I think it was still raining, so we definetely are going to make it this year.

8. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

Maybe those of us on this forum that are going to the zoo thing need to wear a label with our forum alias on it! At least we'll know who is who!

9. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

We got our Zoo invite a couple of weeks ago. 5 hrs drive one way is a bit far for one day, but we'd love to catch up with you all in the Summer Holidays when we come to Auckland.
    I'm attending the "7th International Diabetes Federation Western Pacific Region Congress" in Wellington next March/April so I'm hoping to meet some Wellington people I've met over the years too :cwds:

10. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

Hey Jane,
    Let us all know when you are coming up and we'll try to arrange something. It's nice to chat on here but I think it's also nice to actually put a face to a name.

And I agree, 5 hours is a long way to drive for a day! I remember when we lived in Ohakea and Carl went to East Timor for 4 months. He was the only one from Ohakea, everyone else was from Auckland. As nice as it was for them to think of me, a baby sitters list was just no use! And Whenuapai used to invite me to coffee mornings to catch up with other wives! Yep, a bit far to come!