- advertisement -

Quick-Set recall

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sammysmom, Jul 7, 2009.

1. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

Just checked my supplies I have all my sets are lot8 including 15 boxes that I'm stockpiling. :eek:

I haven't had any problems though...

3. FeeferGross

FeeferGross Approved members

i thought it was just me! mine are from lot 8, and mine have been kinking and everything, i lost 3 sets in a row. thank you!

4. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Me too:(!!! Lucky, I should be getting more supplies soon!

5. sarahconnormom

sarahconnormom Approved members

Everything we have is 'Lot8' also. I wonder if that is why we have had crazy numbers the past couple of weeks. I have tried everything to get his numbers down with little to no success. Now I wonder if the infusion sets could be at least part of the problem. I will be calling our supplier first thing in the morning to get them replaced.

6. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I have 6 boxes that start with an 8.. I'm assuming this is it? all others start with a 2.. I HAVE had problems with quicksets lately, and thought that it was just us!

7. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Ours are all Lot 8 too. Problem is...he has some at college too. So he has to check them when he gets back to school. Oh, and most of them were just sent to us.....after they sent a package to college, while he was here at home. So this (the replacements) will be the 3rd pkg they send for us in a month or so!

Didn't someone have a problem with their dd getting way too much insulin once via her pump? Was this the problem?

8. Flutterby

I haven't had any problems with her getting to much insulin... that we know of, but we have had problems since the last site change with weird highs.. I just thought it was her.. but as soon as I get off the phone with MM i'm changing out her site.. its from a lot 8.. (their wait time is longer than usual.. I wonder why LOL..).

9. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

Thank you for the information. Luckily all of our's begin with 2.

We use an outside vendor and do not buy directly from them. Maybe that makes a difference :confused:

10. hrtmom3

hrtmom3 Approved members

All of Tim's start with 8. :mad:
    I tried filling out the info on the link and it came up as secure connection error. Did that happen to anyone else?

This makes me mad! I just talked to mininmed today to order supplies and they told me their inventory was low for the quicksets. When I asked why he said they just were, no mention of a recall and said his supplies could take 14 days to go out:eek:

11. misscaitp

Just a forewarning to those sending it in multiple recall boxes, expect one box of sets every 3 weeks they won't be doing bulk sending.:eek:

12. Flutterby

I just got off the phone with MM.. she said to go online and fill out the recall info.. they will ship out the prepaid package to mail them back.. she also said that they are low on them and only shipping out 1 box every so many weeks to everyone until you get all yours back.. that is going to take a while, and what about people that are left with no supply.. luckily I have 3 boxes that start with 2.. but sounds like some of you have all 8s..

edited to add:

I just went to fill out the info and it says that if you don't get them from MM directly you need to contact the supplier you do get them from for return and replacement.. whats the difference?:rolleyes: as long as they get them back and they are replaced..

13. jules12

jules12 Approved members

I hope they don't expect me to ship my 9 boxes back all at once if they are only shipping one box every three weeks. It is nice that they are working with everyone to replace them so I am thankful for that. I just want to be sure that they keep up with how many we have.

14. hrtmom3

hrtmom3 Approved members

Those of you that have all lot 8, are you not using them and switching to mdi till you get more?

15. misscaitp

I'm probably going to still use them, I've had no problem with lot 8 and I've been using them for almost 2 years. (Yes, I have lot 8s from 2 years ago) I'll get a new shipment of sets next month.

Probably not the wisest decision for some, but it is only 2% of the lot 8 sets and mine have been working properly.

16. Flutterby

I would hope that MM would get those that have all 8s a few boxes to begin with and not leave them high and dry.. its basically 2 sets in each box that MAY NOT work right.. I think we've definitely found some of those!

17. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Every box I have is lot 8. I have no choice but to keep using them for now.

18. KarenRI

KarenRI Approved members

I have 15 boxes of Lot 8. Just in the middle of a 16th. This must explain DS's crazy, unexplainable BGs over the past 6 months.

Luckily, I have a box of Lot 2 he can use until we get replacements.
    What a pain!

19. Denise

Denise Approved members

we have just one and half boxes of the lot8...MM was shipping us partial shipment..they called July2 and said the shipment was going out..no confirmation email yet. They said the second half would ship july 20-something...

20. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

I think we had a secure connection error too but I clicked on whatever it was to allow the site to continue and it worked. Try again.