- advertisement -

Quick set insertion

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Momontherun, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Momontherun

Momontherun Approved members

I recently got some samples of the quick set fom medtronic without an inserter. Do any of you prefer to insert infusion set manually? Any tips for success. I have only used the Mio before. I probably need to call Medtronic to get the insertion device.

Thanks for the help in advance.

2. KHS22

KHS22 Approved members

My husband uses them,a nd I often put them in for him. We did use the inserter, but then found it was just so time consuming! Super simple to put in without an inserter, and they are so short they are in before you even realize it! He says it hurts less without the inserter. Though, I've heard a couple people say the sites last longer when they use the inserter!

I'm sure Medtronic would give you one, but i'd give it a shot without!

3. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

My experience is that they are more likely to kink if you insert them manually (at least in comparison to the mios....). I still insert them manually though and usually don't have issues. I don't even have the insertion device!

4. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

We have had the cannula bend every time we have done manual insertion...which has only been 2 or 3 times (he lost his inserted at camp one year). It can't hurt to try it manually and see, but ds much prefers the insertion with the inserter. I think they cost btwn 20-30 dollars

Good luck. We like the quick sets (just not for tummy sites). :)

5. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

My daughter does. Although her pumping experience isn't lengthy, we haven't had any issues.