- advertisement -

Quick question Re: minimed pumps

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Sarah Maddie's Mom, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

We're a week in, trained ourselves, so a quick question.

When you go in to change a basal rate on a minimed pump you basically "re=write the rate" rather than just edit it? It's a bit different from the Cozmo - I just don't want to get in there and have to re-enter every rate to edit just one.

Make sense??:confused:

2. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

yeah, you have to go in and find the one you want and change that one. You do have to scroll through them all though. And if you want to add one in, you're screwed, and you have to redo them all. Someone mentioned that they have rates spaces set for every hour so that they can change them more easily.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Pain in the a$$!!

I lamed out and just set a temp rate for the whole night :rolleyes:

She had that hard core lax clinic ... we'll see

Thanks for the info. I was just hoping that I had missed something;) guess not.

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Haha.. this is why I have so many different rates.. she has a pattern of where she needs changes, sometimes three different times would be the same, but I leave them like that because one may need to be changed and I don't want to rewrite the entire thing.. sometimes I'm tempted to go in and put one in for every hour, then I wouldn't have an issue with changing it.

5. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Minimed people! If you can read this (and I'm guessing some MM plebe is reading this) THIS is a problem! Not cool, not cool at all. You need to make this function more user friendly.:rolleyes:

6. HERMSman

HERMSman Approved members

CALL MM and ask them. Lots of people ready to help you.......me, no I do not know much about the pump settings. But I do work for MM.

7. bradclark

bradclark Approved members

For that very reason I decided early on to create twelve 2 hour basal periods. That allows us a great deal of flexibility when it comes to making basal adjustments throughout the day. As well, I've never had to go back in and create a new basal period.

Best of luck!

8. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

It is very annoying. And the reason we have about a billion basal rates, with many consecutive rate periods at the same dose.

9. jules12

jules12 Approved members

Add us to the list as well - we have a bunch of basal rates too. It is a pain.

10. Rachel

Rachel Approved members

I did go in and make a rate setting for each hour. Many of the basal rates are the same for hours and hours in a row. But when I want to change a rate for a particular hour or a block of hours, all the times are there to work with.

10 minutes of annoying work --> problem solved.