- advertisement -

Quick question for MM sensor users

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by hawkeyegirl, Jul 9, 2011.

1. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

It's my belief that when you get a spontaneous restart on a sensor that it resets the 7 day clock from that point. Can anyone confirm this? My husband and I are leaving the kids with my parents for a night, and I just want to be able to tell my dad what to expect.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I was under the impression that the 7 day clock only started after the transmitter has been plugged into the charger again. I've only had one sensor which spontaneously restarted and I pulled it before day 7, so I can't be sure. But in general the 7 day clock doesn't start whenever you detach and re-attach - you have to plug into the charger as well - so I don't know why it would be different for spontaneous restarts.

Sorry for the vague and unhelpful response. :p

3. mom2ejca

mom2ejca Approved members

I thought that it resets the 7 day clock, too. I've never had the chance to test it though, because spontaneous restart sensors tend to be troublesome and usually get pulled before they hit the initial 7 day mark.

4. hawkeyegirl

Two things:

(1) I think for the old transmitters that's true - they have to be connected to the charger in order to reset the clock. With the new ones, I believe they just have to be disconnected and reconnected. I don't know when the dividing line is between new and old, but I'm sure we have one new one and one old one. I just don't know which is on him right now. :rolleyes:

(2) I still think that spontaneous restarts act differently. I'm pretty sure this happened to us in the past, and I was surprised to learn that it resets the clock (even with old transmitters). Basically, anytime you get the actual 2 hour warm-up, it means the clock has been reset. I'm not 100% sure of this, however.

Oh well. I guess we'll see. :p Thanks for the input, guys. :)

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Huh, that's interesting. I think my transmitter is an old one (from November '09) because I definitely need to plug into the charger at day 7. I want to know what happens with a spontaneous restart now. (Although, on my only experience of a spontaneously restarting sensor, it definitely wasn't one that I'd want to keep in for 7 days.. :rolleyes:)

6. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Look at the transmitter ID on the pump screen. :p Then look at your other transmitter. :D Of course, the earlier number would be the older transmitter.

7. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

I think the new version is 1.3 and it says it on the pump. The charge last 14 days, but there's a catch--it still has to be disconnected before the end of day 7. You can just pull it apart for a few seconds and reclick without charging--good to know if you can't find your charger.

8. hawkeyegirl

Well, FYI, a spontaneous restart DOES reset the 7 day clock. (Yay!)