- advertisement -

quick question for animas pumpers

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Megnyc, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

I have a recently diagnosed (1 week ago) friend and she is about to order an animas ping (wants a remote and omnipod supplies are incredibly expensive with our school insurance). Animas also offered the best payment plan of all the pump companies (med school isn't the best time in terms of finances for a diabetes diagnosis). She was looking at pictures online to choose a color and noticed that a lot of the pumps look scratched and have paint chipped off. She asked me if there was a better color to choose in order to have the pump look new for longer. Any thoughts? She was going to get blue or silver but didn't know if she should stick with black. She is already using a dexcom G5 so doesn't want/need the vibe. Thanks for any thoughts!

2. sparty87

sparty87 Approved members

DD had a silver ping. She consistently used the silicon skin. It did not help, a lot of the silver paint peeled off, leaving black plastic. If she could do over, she would have picked black. BTW, DD had a warranty replacement when the pump cracked, animas would not let her switch color

3. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I think that black would be best. My youngest does not touch her pump and its in a soft neoprene pouch in a sewn in pocket and green paint is coming off. my oldest has a Vibe and it blue on her hip and it is chiping too.

4. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

According to Animas, the pink and green paint are the worst for peeling. We have green and silver and the green seems to wear more easily .. Animas will replace them for bad paint peel .

5. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Thanks everyone! I think she will order the black pump tomorrow. She is using a green loaner pump right now from the endo office and half the paint is gone so that is why she was concerned.

6. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

ashleigh's ping was black. I don't remember any paint chipping off of it. But i have seen other's that way.