- advertisement -

Questions about Animas 2020 or Ping

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by lilituc, Mar 4, 2010.

1. lilituc

lilituc Approved members

I'm thinking about going with Animas next time around and I have a bunch of questions. I've been in contact with the rep, but it seems like my questions are too specific. ;) Appreciate any answers you have!

1. Has anyone used the 2020 and the Ping? How do they compare? Looks like the Ping is slightly bigger than the 2020 - is it noticeable? Is the 2020 still available? (Rep wasn't sure)

2. Bolus speed - anyone have thoughts? I may just need to do a trial and see if it's an issue.

3. I saw something about it not filling in the recommended bolus...do the newer models still do that?

4. Does anyone know if the 6mm Contact Detach sets are still available with 43" tubing?

5. I read somewhere that CGMS was supposed to be integrated by now. Does anyone know the status of that?

Thanks, and feel free to point me to any threads about this, if there were some I couldn't find.

2. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I can answer some of these - see below

3. lilituc

lilituc Approved members

Well, I suspect it might be too fast for me. The 2020 manual seems to be saying that if you set it to "slow," that just means it waits 4 seconds between delivering each unit. Of course, I'd have to try it to see if it would be a problem.

But the Ping has a remote and the 2020 does not, correct?

Thanks so much. This is really helpful!

4. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

we have been really happy with it for dd the only reason we are considering changing is to go tubeless

5. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

I *only* had problems with stinging boluses when I was having an allergic reaction to the insulin I was using.. it was causing a lot of inflammation, which is what was ultimately causing the boluses to sting on delivery. For me the issue resolved when I switched insulins (but i was having other issues too...)

I still have my pump set to slow though... someone way back had suggested that a 0/100% combo bolus over .1 hour would also make a difference, but my experience was that it does NOT because of the way that animas delivers insulin (every 3 minutes).