- advertisement -

Question Re: Medtronic Veo Pump

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lisanc, Jan 27, 2013.

1. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

I am curious about the low suspend on the Medtronic Veo pump.

What blood sugar number does the low suspend start? Can you override the suspend if you test and your blood sugar is higher and CGM is "false low"?

We use MM CGM and I was just thinking about how from time to time we have "false low" on a new sensor (night 1) if she sleeps on it just right (we put it on her bum) ... could we override suspend if false low? But also curious as to what level low suspend kicks in and can you adjust the number where it kicks in? Is this an option on the pump that you can turn on and off ... for example when you get a "false low" on CGM can you turn it off until the CGM catches back up to the real number and then turn it back on?

Thanks ...

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

My understanding is that the suspend only kicks in if no one responds to the alarms in a specific amount of time. If someone clears the alarm, it does not suspend. I *think* you can adjust the level at which the suspend kicks in, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I'm also pretty sure that you can shut the feature off entirely and not use it at all.

3. snail_on_wheels

snail_on_wheels Approved members

Fist, you can choose if you would like to turn the low suspend feature on.
    You can adjust the start of suspend from 40 to 110. After you get the suspend alarm you can choose between Suspend or Restart basal. If you don't respond to the alarm, it suspends the basal for 2 hours and keeps alarming.

Personally, I don't use it right now, maybe my son will use it when he's older.

4. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

Oh thanks ... that alleviates my concerns over the "false low" situations ...

Thanks again

5. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

Yes, all this. ^^ I believe you can set the glucose limit at which it will suspend but have not changed it since initial set up. We have it set at 65 currently.

6. zuzinka

zuzinka Approved members

yes you can set it as you would like. We have Veo already for a year and have used low suspend for the first maybe month, until I got fed up of pump suspending all the time. one of them was false lows in the night and than also if she goes low and we treat her, sensor still goes down for a while so it used to suspend all the time. Its a good feature if you are living alone or have nobody around.

7. T-bird

T-bird Approved members

Yes you can choose not to suspend and change the low suspend number. I put my low suspend number pretty low (50).