- advertisement -

Question on resetting MM sensor on day 7

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by ecs1516, Nov 2, 2010.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I have already restarted on day 3 and day 6. Today the end of day 7 I was getting weak signal for a while and then got lost signal. I had read on a previous thread to pull the transmitter for a minute to reset it. I did. I have one of the 'new' transmitters so I thought the charge would be good. After clicking in the transmitter again I did start new sensor. It just came back with Lost sensor again. Is that mean it just can't restart??

2. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I just pulled it and will put in another in an hour.
    7 days is not bad anyway. Skin looks great!

3. Mike&Dans.Mom

Mike&Dans.Mom Approved members

You need to charge the transmitter.
    You will keep getting weak signal unless you do.

4. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

So, even though it is a new transmitter is can't go the 14 days?

5. Mike&Dans.Mom

Mike&Dans.Mom Approved members

We got ours not too long before you. Our trainer told us 7 days. I'm not sure where the 14 came from. I've heard that before - but for us it's 7.

6. Diana

Diana Approved members

I think the issue is that you let it run out the full 7 days. I'm not sure - but the one time I let it run all the way (and got the Lost Sensor alarm) and then tried to reconnect without charging, it did not work. The exact same thing happened to me as you just described.

BUT - if I disconnect before I get that alarm and then reconnect without charging then it works every single time. The longest we have gone is 9 days, and the transmitter was working just fine (and I hadn't charged it).

So now, if I think we are going to go past 7 days, I just make sure I restart it before the full 7 days is up.

Make sense?

7. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Okay, hard part is taking off tape to take off the transmitter.
    I am really fine with 7 days.

8. Diana

Diana Approved members

Yes, the tape is tricky! Someone on the Yahoo CGM group manages to disconnect without actually untaping - kind of like we used to do with the Navigator. I'm not sure how he has it all taped up, but he is able to pull the connection apart just enough to reset it.

7 days is good :) We rarely get there, so I haven't actually done this very often - maybe 4 or 5 times.

9. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Well, I pulled it apart without taking off the tape but I wasn't able to charge it that way.

10. Diana

Diana Approved members

The one thing I am not sure of is how long you actually have to disconnect for. I don't think it would be very long, but I don't know if you can just pull it apart and reconnect it right away. I always wait a few minutes - but I also untape and take it off.

I'm happy to just put in a new sensor after 7 days - but my son always wants to try to keep going. If we are getting stable results on the sensor, then I'll try it. His goal is to beat our best Dex sensor (21 days). I don't know if we will ever get there!!