- advertisement -

Question...MM users

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by zell828, Nov 6, 2011.

1. zell828

zell828 Approved members

My SD is starting to increase her insulin needs BIG time. She turned 12 in September. Of course, we got the 522 in 2008 so now we are at our limit of capacity with that one. Her warranty runs out in 08/12.

I know there is the Revel out there and you can upgrade for $399. I'm not looking to do that or think it is worth it at this point given we have less than a year on our warranty.

But has anyone heard of MM replacing a 522 for a 722 for free or is there a charge? Are we better off waiting until August and just getting a new pump at that time so we can then have the 4 year warranty again?

2. timsma

timsma Approved members

I know they won't replace a smaller pump for the bigger one for free. I'd wait until your warranty runs out and then upgrade if it were me. But, the $399 isn't bad either as long as they give another 4 year warranty with it.

3. zell828

zell828 Approved members

Thanks, I am thinking it is best to just wait too. Worst case scenario we will have to do set change more often but it is doable at least. They probably don't even make the 722 anymore is my guess. Everything is the Revel 523/723 now.

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

They will not give you a new warranty with the upgrade. I'd wait and replace it in a year. :)