- advertisement -

Question about the One Touch Ultra Link

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Ginagbaby1, May 28, 2010.

1. Ginagbaby1

Ginagbaby1 Approved members

We have used the One Touch Ultra II since David was dx so we are fine with it except for the fact that there isn't a light. We are checking his sugar at mdnight and 3:00 am right now and are using one of the those little portable nightlights. I place it on a shelf that is above his head but it's still so hard to see the strip to scoop up the blood. If I place it right next to him it's way to bright. What do you guys do?

2. 22jules

22jules Approved members

I turn on the light in the bathroom across the hall from the room and get enough light to fill the strip.

Also, maybe the hall light would work?

3. blbrocky

blbrocky Approved members

I turn the light on.... My son sleeps through everything.

4. bradclark

bradclark Approved members

Same here!

5. tom_ethansdad

tom_ethansdad Approved members

We turn on the closet light in his room and use the closet door to control how much of the light spills into the room.

6. Alex's Dad

Alex's Dad Approved members

I think it does have a light we use the
    [​IMG]
    and it does have a light but its a pain in the neck to turn it on. I turn on the light in the closet but it lights the whole room, but I'm thinking on getting a very small flashlight so I don't bother my wife or my daughter.

7. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We have a very small flashlight in the test kit, and I hold it between my teeth when I test him at night. Very unhygenic, I know. ;)

8. mom2ejca

mom2ejca Approved members

Fortunately, there's an outlet right beside Liz's bed, so we have a plug-in nightlight there. I can usually get her hand over to the edge of the bed, where I can see better.

I've also used the pump backlight a few times, it's not a great method, but it works in a pinch.

9. Alex's Dad

Alex's Dad Approved members

Exactly what i'm planning to do with the small flashlight hehe ;)

10. MyAngelEmma

MyAngelEmma Approved members

We use a headlamp like you would use for camping. We found one at Wal-mart that you can adjust the direction of the light so you can aim it right on the spot where you need the light and the rest of the room stays dark. Works perfect!

11. Jacque471

Jacque471 Approved members

That is what we do too. We tried a headlamp but it was too bright and I could never adjust it right.

12. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

I called my endo and told him I wanted to go back to my Accu Chek meter..I dont like the One Touch Ultra at all...I got a lot of errors..no light..etc..just didnt like it. I tried it for 6 mos..Waiting for Accu Check strips to arrive via mail now...

13. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Which accuchek meter do you use? I can't find a light on the aviva, just wondering if there is one which I just haven't come across?

14. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

I turn on the hall light. Enough light for me to see, but not in his eyes to wake him up.

I've heard others suggest getting one of those little finger lights and put it on the lancing device.