- advertisement -

pumpers: site peeling off question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by skyleysmom, Sep 7, 2009.

1. skyleysmom

skyleysmom Approved members

We spent a lot of time in the pool yesterday and now Riley's site is peeling off a bit. It is still in but the sticky part is just not so sticky anymore around the edges. We plan to swim more today. Any suggestions? We do a site change tomorrow.

Also, do you cover the site with a bandaid or anything when your kids swim? My DH asked the educator if we should and she said that she would. So now he is adamant about it and I don't think that it is necessary. I also think that part of why it is peeling off is because I put a bandaid over it and the sticky of the bandaid pulled at the sticky of the site when we removed it.

2. PseudoJenn

PseudoJenn Approved members

We use IV Prep prior to putting the site on, then once the site is in place, we take the IV Prep and wipe it around the whole edge of the site all of the way around it.

DS is a fish in our pool and it has never peeled or come unstuck yet.

You can also take a piece of TagADerm and fold it in half and cut a small hole the size of the plastic part of the site and then unfold it, place it over the site before you clip the tubing back onto the site. That should hold it down for a good while! :)

HTH

3. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

I usually just wipe another SkinTac swab over the adhesive.

I can't wait for it to be warm enough to swim again around here :cwds:

4. Charlotte'sMom

Charlotte'sMom Approved members

We've had that happen. I put a waterproof bandaid over it so it would stay in another day. Worked like a charm.

And FWIW, I usually did put a waterproof bandaid over the site when Charlotte swam because it always came loose otherwise. She never swims more than an hour, so I would take off her pump, cover her site and swim without it. We had to pull it off to get her pump hooked back up, but that didn't seem to effect the site if we were careful pulling it off.

5. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

We put opsite flexifix over the whole site to avoid the site from falling off with bathing and swimming. works like a charm.