- advertisement -

Pump training tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by cmsullivan, Dec 3, 2009.

1. cmsullivan

cmsullivan Approved members

We have our pump and will go in tomorrow to get trained on it. I'm am excited but a little nervous as well. Leland has been having some lows lately (this morning he was 37!!!!) ,I have a cold, he has a cold, and I'm worried that I'll miss something tomorrow with my foggy brain. Its a good thing we'll only be doing saline for the first week :eek: I'm not exactly sure what is causing the lows, maybe the lantus (3 units, I am going to try reducing it to 2.5 tomorrow). If he ends up going high maybe change the I:C ratio? Right now he is at 1/30. I just want him to have numbers in range for one day at least, it seems he is always up and down.... I feel like I'm failing him with this :(

2. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Good luck with the pump training!! Which pump?

You are not failing him at all!! Being a parent of a CWD is really hard, and it's so frustrating when you just can't figure out where those numbers are coming from. Be sure to keep in touch with his endo team they are there to help you.:cwds:

3. cmsullivan

cmsullivan Approved members

Thanks, we have the Animas.