- advertisement -

Pump start TODAY!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by HanksMom, May 5, 2011.

1. HanksMom

HanksMom Approved members

Hank starts Pinging today! It has been almost 7 months since his diagnosis, and we've come a long way! Very nervous about this, but excited!

It is somewhat bittersweet that the word "sugar" is in my 21 month old's limited vocabulary, and it's not about cookies. He thinks his glucometer is a toy and wants to test his "sugar".

2. Lize

Lize Approved members

Congrats! Sure you will be very happy with the change.:cwds:

3. JeremysDad

JeremysDad Approved members

Pumping will be good for him but GREAT for you, given how old your son is. You will love not having to MDI your son several times a day.

Good luck!

4. manda81

manda81 Approved members

Exciting!!!! Hope you have a smooth transition! :)

5. L101418

L101418 Approved members

We started yesterday! After all morning with the CDE we went out for lunch and when the girls bolused for their lunch they both giggled with glee that they didn't have to take a shot. Then another giggle at supper and an all out cheer at bedtime because no lantus. Those giggles are worth anything that I have to go through during this transition.

But I sure could use a nap.

Congrats and hope it goes smoothly for you!

6. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

That's a sweet story. :)

To Hanks' mom--good luck with the transition! My DH's cousin recently started pumping with her 1 year old, and was telling me how wonderful it was! And we start pumping on Monday!!!! I can't wait! Let us know how it goes.

7. BKKT10

BKKT10 Approved members

Kim
    Congrats and good luck! I think you will find that the pump is a great tool in dealing with a toddler with D.

It's amazing how easily our kids integrate D into their lives when they are diagnosed young. Your story about Hank sounds just like something K would say.

I hope your transition from MDI to the pump is a smooth one!

8. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Hooray for you and your family!

9. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Happy pumping. :D
    Hope things go smoothly. Expect some bumps along the way and more sleepless nights in the beginning...but then things get better and then you start thinking, "how in the world did we use to do it on MDI?".