- advertisement -

PUMP Start in 7hrs!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by PseudoJenn, Jul 22, 2009.

1. PseudoJenn

PseudoJenn Approved members

We're PUMPING! (edit to PUMP Start in 7hrs!)

-=Updated a couple of posts down=-

I guess I should get to bed! :p

We arrive at the hospital tomorrow and meet our Dietician and team.
    We're going to put EMLA cream on him around 7:30am and arrive at hospital around 8am. Hoping to have site inserted around 8:25 with resevoir ready to go.

I packed up his bag tonight with the two samples of QuickSets and Res's (don't they give you more than just two to try???) and some reading material, the pump, his new BG meter (Contour Link)... and his log book/old meter, etc.

I think I'm more nervous than him! I know he's just excited to have no more 'needles' all the time every day. :cwds:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  2. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Good luck! From the time, it looks like you're already hooked up! How's it going????

3. cockatiel

cockatiel Approved members

Hurray! I hope it goes smoothly.

Dh and dd2 (both T1D) are hopefully both going on the pump soon, so I find all of these "Blast-off!" posts very encouraging!

Let us know how you do!

4. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

5. PseudoJenn

PseudoJenn Approved members

Thanks so much everyone! :D

Can I just get everyone's attention for a sec and say "OMG, I LOVE THE PUMP!!!!!!" It is so EASY!!!!!!! :p

I mean, yes, I know we'll be seeing highs and lows as we tweak it to find the right basal rate. I am in love with the Bolus Wizard as our house is crazy enough for me to try and do mental math (besides me already adding up carbs).

DS is totally loving that he didn't have to get 2 needles this morning at breakfast, and that he won't need any tonight. He loves that he only has to get the site in every 2-3 days and doesn't even feel that one because of the EMLA cream!!!! I'm just giddy!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

6. candise

candise Approved members

Yeah for you!! It has been 6 weeks since we started pumping and I still feel so happy everytime we bolus instead of give a shot.