- advertisement -

Pump Question- would a pump site go hard after swimming 3 days in a row

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Little Diabetic Dude, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Little Diabetic Dude

Little Diabetic Dude Approved members

Should I be changing the site after each swimming pool lesson.? Today when I changed the site after 3 days it was red and quite hard the levels have been quite high today having a feeling site was not working to well.
    Any thoughts,

2. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

Whenever the numbers go up towards the end of a "site life" I just change it! It is safer. Swimming doesn't seem to affect my dd but sometimes sites only last 3 days anyway. hope this helps - at least you know it happens to other people!

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

The redness and hardness can happen even without swimming.
    Just change the site, put a new one in enough spaced out from the old area, watch the redness and hardness. If it's painful to the touch or grows, then see your endo about it for special treatment. Usually, it's an infection which you may get under control at home, but to be safe, get it checked out.
    Test for ketones as well if several (2 or more) high readings in a row - usually above 250.

4. Little Diabetic Dude

Little Diabetic Dude Approved members

Thanks I didn't notice how hard it was until I took it off. He woke up really high as usual.
    I will keep an eye on it from now on now I know it is happening.

5. shekov

shekov Approved members

I have never noticed any problem with sites and swimming but we had to change sites every 2 days rather than 3 since dd tended to get hard, red sites if we went later than three.

It's one of those YDMV things I guess.

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We change our sites every 3 days.