- advertisement -

Pump Pouch:The proto-type by me what do you think?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mody_Jess_Pony, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

[​IMG]

It is a far cry from perfected but what do you parents think? Once I get it down pat and perfected I'll make them and let you guys have them :) This one was a bit of a flop but it's a start. Can any of you parents give me masurements for the PDM for the Omni-pod, Cozmo pump, and Animas 2020?

2. Messybessy95

Messybessy95 New Member

3. Mody_Jess_Pony

Definitely more skilled than my first atempt BIG TIME! This project is for my portfolio work for university but holey those are good MessyBessy!! I want to make more but I need measurements for the PDM,Animas and Cozmo. When School starts in September I'll have acess to a better sewing machine!

4. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

I think you have done a wonderful job for doing it yourself. We do not pup so cant help you with those measurments but good luck..

5. Mody_Jess_Pony

On a side note they fit my meter in there nicely and my Ventilien inhaler fits in it :) but thanks I tryed real hard!

6. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I think it's very cute and girlie:)

Keep trying new stuff...how about putting a rubber-band, so that you open it and it closes by itself?
    For the dimensions of the other pumps you mentioned, try looking into the makers' websites, maybe they have the sizes there.

7. Bsbllmom

Bsbllmom Approved members

Jess that is really cute. There is a comparison page for pumps but I don't remember the site. They actually have the measurements of the different pumps on there. I'm thinking it is diabetes store or something like that.

8. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

9. Mody_Jess_Pony

I need to get some velcro and rubber bands and maybe thicker material. Ive got these cool iron on diney characters to try :) as well. I'm thinking of doubleing up the material to make it more stable.

10. nobodybutjustme

nobodybutjustme Approved members

the velcro is a good idea - very easy to use and it will be a great addition. also, you might think of using interfacing on the wrong side of your material. That will give the effect of using thicker material!
    great start. I'm still 'tweeking' as I go as well. I found that even tho there are slight differences in pump sizes, most pump packs are somewhat 'one-pump-fits-all".
    keep up the good work!

11. Mody_Jess_Pony

Thanks for the tip :) It's so much fun!!!! Once I get it really down pat I'm going to put a few in my university portfolio :) What a great way to include D! I thought of using a silky material on the other side? Also wanted to make one for the OMNI pod PDM but no ideas yet on that one.

12. nobodybutjustme

nobodybutjustme Approved members

what university? and - yes - a soft lining is a super idea.

13. Carrie

Carrie Approved members

Cute! I make mine with velcro. As many times as you will get in that bugger throughout the day, you might get tired of tying it. :eek: