- advertisement -

Pump pouch opinion

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lynn, Mar 6, 2012.

1. lynn

lynn Approved members

Would any of your pumping kids wear their pump in one of these? I am considering it, but I wonder if the movement would be bothersome?

[​IMG]

2. lynn

lynn Approved members

3. RacerWife7

RacerWife7 Approved members

Not my son. He's PICKY about his pump pouches. He likes the ones with the velcro, stretchy belts that have a viewing screen so that the pump doesn't have to be removed to be manipulated. ;)

4. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

http://store.spibelt.com/category-s/54.htm

My dd uses these 24/7. That way we never have to worry about a site getting pulled when she goes to the bathroom. Very roomy to be so small. She usually has something to treat lows in there also.

5. RacerWife7

RacerWife7 Approved members

6. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I'd hate that, if it hit my legs whenever I moved. I'd rather just clip it to my pocket or put it in my pocket.

7. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

My daughter wore Too Sweet's pouches until she was about 8 or 9. Now she's 10 (11 in June) and puts the pump in her pocket.

8. BittysMom

BittysMom Approved members

Would a six year old girl use a pump pouch or put it in her pocket? What about when she wears a dress? I hadn't pondered these things yet.

9. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

Before we had the Ping with the remote, I put a pocket into the side seam of her dresses for the pump. There was a button hole in the pocket that the tubing could go through. I'm not a great seamstress, but I was able to manage this with some trial and error. We either did that or went somewhere private to bolus. Now we have the remote, so it's no problem. She just wears it in her pouch, and we use the remote to bolus.

10. BittysMom

So you could disconnect the tubing and reattach after it was threaded through the button hole? or you're saying just wear the pump pouch under the dress? Thanks, new to this!

11. lynn

lynn Approved members

Thanks for your opinions. I was thinking it would be annoying as well. I have been making his pouches since the beginning and have changed styles as he has gotten older. He starts on the MM pump next week from the Cozmo and I was thinking I would make him a new pouch or two for the occasion.

12. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

We like tummitotes

My son (now 5) wore pumpbelts for some time.
    We got these in cute designs, but most of the time they were a little big and spun around his waist. THey were also visible to the public, so many kids stopped to ask what he was wearing.

Now we discovered tummitotes; I love how they fit around the stomach under the shirt, making the belt not-visible. It doesn't get in the way as much and holds his pump (and more if you want). They are a little more expensive, but I have been very happy with them. THe owner does great customer service and will personalize your tummitote with patches, etc, if you want to. She made ours Boston Red Sox baseball.

Good luck!

13. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

Typically, young kids wear pump pouches so they don't get caught on anything/drop it/bump it around/try to self-bolus. My daughter started pumping shortly after she turned 6 and wore a pouch from too sweet boutique (http://www.toosweetboutique.net/) When she wears a dress, she would put the pouch under the dress and reach up it to get the pump (not the most socially acceptable or easy, but our pump lacks a remote, and she was young at the time). Now, she has a leg holster from tallygear that she wears around her thigh. Otherwise, she just puts it in the pocket of her jeans, or clips it to her waist band.

14. BittysMom

Thanks for all the holstering ideas :)

15. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

My son has never used a pouch, and I never saw a need for one. His pocket or waistband does just fine.

For girls, I'm sure it is different. My niece (with T1) had a heck of a time trying to decide where to put her pump when she got married years ago! Where the heck to you put a pump on a wedding gown after all! I think she finally ended up wearing Spanx or bicycle shorts under her gown, and put her pump inside the thigh...it worked!

16. lynn

lynn Approved members

Nathan prefers a pouch. He has several cell phone cases and also the belt cases that his pump came with. Every now and then he tries one of those, or slips it into his pocket, but he always goes back to the waist pack. I have wondered before at what age he will decide it's time to make the switch...